Need Help! Protect the Z probe area from accidental contact

Thread: Protect the Z probe area from accidental contact

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Protect the Z probe area from accidental contact

A new build cnc router (3100 1600mm) with a Nc300 controller and Delta asda servo drives, and now bought and installed a Z probe https://m.ebay.ie/itm/High-Precision-Mach3-sensor-setting-CNC-Router-Z-Axis-probe-tool-touch-auto-tool-/113697047671?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

And it works. It is outside the geber working area on Y (dibond boards 3000mm long, while the probe is at 3090 on Y). My concern is that while jogging the machine I will hit accidentally the probe and damage it.

The probes runs through a macro routine.
    The Y 1st positive soft limit is at 3100 so the probe can be accessed - if I set the limit to 3000mm, the macro will return an soft limit error.

So my question is if anyone knows how to set a soft limit such that the jogging caanot access the probe area, but when the macro is loaded the soft limit is temporarily suspended. At the end of the macro another command will engage again the limit.

To further provide the context, besides the 1st positive sortware limit there is the 2nd positive limit, so my guess is that this could be somehow used for this purposes but I am not aware of any command that would do the job.

Any direction of exploring would be highly considered.

Thanks you
    Mrius