Brother TC 221 or maybe 211 parts

Thread: Brother TC 221 or maybe 211 parts

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Brother TC 221 or maybe 211 parts

Hi,

Ive retrofitted a Brother TC221 that runs pretty nice but Im in need of some parts. Yamazen sells but the price is insanely high.

I need a complete tool turret or the tool clamps/fingers.

I might be looking for a spindle too.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Brother TC 221 or maybe 211 parts-20190429_195250-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Brother TC 221 or maybe 211 parts

Only suggestion i have is to keep and eye on HGR surplus. they have tc-XXX machines in very regularly and you can often get a whole often perfectly working one for $1000-$1500. make a deal with someone to take the rest and swipe the parts you need.

The turrent is specific to the tc 221 211 machines i think. i see random tool forks on ebay sometimes for $30 a pop but i dont know if they are the right model.

The spindle itself, that may be shared with the 225/7//8/9. What is wrong with the spindle exactly though? bearings, springs, or the taper shot?

Downloads
    Uploads

Is that on ebay ?

The tool clamps Ive seen are for the newer machines. Spindle seems to be exotic aswell, a 227 spindle didnt fit (wrong diameter for my bearings).
    I had taper wear that I resolved by cutting the spindle in my machine with 3D g-code. It worked quite well, but I had to cut it alot to have a uniform #30 taper. Therefore, I more or less have a dual contact BT30 now lol

Downloads
    Uploads

ah. so the spindle is usable, but not great.

Right now HGR only has a TC324, an R2A with most of the tool forks missing, and a TC S2A with missing drives. so nothing compatible - though, for the money potentially you could trade out for the newer frame, but thats a whole different disaster :P.

I got lucky with my brothers, both of them are mechanically great. One needs way cover seals, and the other needs new ball screw balls to remove 0.0004" backlash. "cheap stuff".

Downloads
    Uploads

Do they only sell whole machines ?
    Seems quite cheap, but the machines they list now are broken I guess ? I mean a s2a for like 5000 is very cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    ah. so the spindle is usable, but not great.

Right now HGR only has a TC324, an R2A with most of the tool forks missing, and a TC S2A with missing drives. so nothing compatible - though, for the money potentially you could trade out for the newer frame, but thats a whole different disaster :P.

I got lucky with my brothers, both of them are mechanically great. One needs way cover seals, and the other needs new ball screw balls to remove 0.0004" backlash. "cheap stuff".

Downloads
    Uploads

The s2a has missing drives, but if you are retrofitting, those drives are useless anyway..

HGR Is surplus. The machines are as is. Not plugged in, and no one knows anything about them. That's why they are cheap. You need to know what you are looking at. On the price - they take offers. the s2a might be let go for $4000 or $3500. Depends on how long its been sitting. It's already on markdown.

Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone know the name of the pin on the picture ? It supposed to push on the tool gripper on a Brother TC 221. It broke off today in a faulty tool change and I need to replace it. How much must I remove ?

- - - Updated - - -

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Brother TC 221 or maybe 211 parts-59471145_10155991170946455_3623295399441203200_n-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

hmmm. mine doesn't have anything like that, so I don't really have a clue, sorry.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mr_ping View Post
    Hi,

Ive retrofitted a Brother TC221 that runs pretty nice but Im in need of some parts. Yamazen sells but the price is insanely high.

I need a complete tool turret or the tool clamps/fingers.

I might be looking for a spindle too.

Would you be interested in buying a complete brother 221?
    I realize your post is a couple of years old just thought i would check with you.