Need Help! YASNAC MX3 325 servo cpu abnormal error

Thread: YASNAC MX3 325 servo cpu abnormal error

Downloads
    Uploads

Default YASNAC MX3 325 servo cpu abnormal error

Anyone know how to clear this error?
    On the Hellmans site they suggest changing parameter 6104 D6 to 0 but a decimal parameter and already 0
    Not sure how it happened or what I did but I was trying to get DNC working and heard a relay/contactors and got the error as well as all the servos going down. I'm not big on electrical or electronics and can't even figure out which board the problem is on. All the servos have power, the P/S is all green lights.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: YASNAC MX3 325 servo cpu abnormal error

No one replied so......
    It turns out the way to clear this is to turn the rotary switch on the top left of the MD20/MB21 main board to 1, it normally is at 0. I did it with the machine turned off, don't know if it was required but nothing else happened except the machine is then locked out. At that point i could reset parameter 6219 to 1/write enable and change parameter 6014 D6 from 1 back to 0, turn machine off, reset rotary switch to 0 position and was back in business.
    Hopefully this helps someone on these old, orphan controls in the future.
    BTW, I can't take the credit for this, I had lots of help from my regular non-OEM serviceman, a very smart guy.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by L98FIERO View Post
    No one replied so......
    It turns out the way to clear this is to turn the rotary switch on the top left of the MD20/MB21 main board to 1, it normally is at 0. I did it with the machine turned off, don't know if it was required but nothing else happened except the machine is then locked out. At that point i could reset parameter 6219 to 1/write enable and change parameter 6014 D6 from 1 back to 0, turn machine off, reset rotary switch to 0 position and was back in business.
    Hopefully this helps someone on these old, orphan controls in the future.
    BTW, I can't take the credit for this, I had lots of help from my regular non-OEM serviceman, a very smart guy.
    Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I have a SL-1A with Yasnac LX2, with the same alarm. I also had a cpu error but of course the control and boards are different. I couldn't find a rotary switch on any of my cpu or memory boards... but I found in my manual that this corresponding selector is built into the tape reader instead.
    After switching from 0 to 1, I was then allowed to write 0 to 6014 D7 (and 128 Dec switched to 0), which cleared that alarm.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: YASNAC MX3 325 servo cpu abnormal error

You could try regenerating the system, this will clear all the parameters, programs etc. so you would need to have back ups of this data.

Place the rotary system switch located on the upper lest side of mother board in the control rack to #7 as per below procedure.

Initialize memory

1.) POWER OFF CONTROL.

2.) PUT SYSTEM SWITCH ON “7”.

3.) POWER ON THE CONTROL

4.) AFTER SCREEN COMES ON PRESS (sequentially) “RESET, NEXT, ORG” KEYS TO CLEAR ALL MEMORY.

5.) POWER CONTROL OFF.

6.) Return the system switch to #4 to load parameters.

7.) Return the system switch to "0" position for normal operation.

8.) You may need to regenerate the program memory if you get program memory to initialize incomplete message, follow step 1,2,3 AFTER SCREEN COMES ON PRESS (sequentially) “RESET, NEXT, PRG” KEYS TO CLEAR ALL MEMORY.