Hello all.

I'm new here, from Canada.

I'm fairly new to machining. I'm looking at getting into a mill for hobby. Initially I was looking for a manual mill (mostly for cost reasons), but I came across this one locally that the owner has started a retrofit on, but didn't complete it. Here's some info from the ad...

Laguna cnc knee mill. Good working mill. Original control had issue so a retrofit has been started.
Current control is Dynomotion Kanalog/kflop combo.
Mill has sd-1525 servo dynamic drives,4 horse spindle motor(new bearings installed )automatic lubes/coolant and servo motors with encoder feed back as well. Very little left to completion.
Mill will come with two spare sd-1525 drives as well as Dell laptop with dynomotion control software. Small amount of cat30 tooling as well to go with mill.

I'm an electrician, and did build my own CNC plasma table, so I'm pretty sure I can finish up the retrofit.

I am just wondering if the mill is a decent machine or should I be looking for something different? Anything in particular to look at on this particular machine, known issues, etc?

I'm also looking at an older Bridegport Series 1 CNC that the controls are bad on according to the owner..price seems quite good on that, so maybe I could retrofit it (I have a thread on that in the Bridgeport section)

Thanks