Hello
I am setting up this machine I purchased from a small machine shop where the owner passed. The machine is believed to be functional as he was in the middle of a job when he passed.
I have the machine powered up, has air pressure, and I can zero the axis on the machine. I am now trying to get code into it.

I have a laptop and have loaded Cadems NCLite DNC software

I have looked at the registers in the Matsuura to verify stop bits and baud rate and played with data bits as there is no specific setting for them.

The machine is setup only to use the 2nd RS232 port (doesn't seem to be an issue that I can tell) the 1st port is not enabled.

It seems the machine and laptop arn't talking quite correctly.
I tried changing the hand shake method but on other settings it did not seem to work at all.

Any thoughts as to why I would be able to receive a file that looks correct but not be able to send one to the machine?

my cable looks like this:
Machine Side ---------------------------------- PC Side
DB25 Male Connector -------------------- DB9 Female Connector
1 -- Shield Trace ------------------------ Not Connected
2 ---------------------------------------------- 2
3 ---------------------------------------------- 3
| Bridged

|
8 All Bridged
|

7 ---------------------------------------------- 5

I have a DB9-serial checker (the little box with the lights) although I am not sure which lights I should be seeing to tell me the machine and laptop are in a good condition for communication.
I have been able to get parameters out of the machine to the laptop just not the other way around.

if anyone has a suggestion id be glad to hear it.
I am just going to start going through the different settings to see if I can get something to line up correctly.