Newbie Proper setup forFANUC ROBODRILL D14siA Control 3Ii-Model B

Thread: Proper setup forFANUC ROBODRILL D14siA Control 3Ii-Model B

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Proper setup forFANUC ROBODRILL D14siA Control 3Ii-Model B

Hi guys,

I have run an Old Boss 4 Bridgeport raw G Code and a great Hurco VM2. We just bought a FANUC ROBODRILL and despite all of our experience we are having some trouble trying to get all the offsets right. The forum and others like it show many people with confusion on this so if you can help it would be appreciated.

Upon Tool Setup it seems we must use the G43 call outs each time we load a tool referencing the H entries in the table we have loaded using INPUTC. The problem is we can't make any sense out of the readouts and tool changes don't seem to work either.

At this point we put a tool in the spindle, set the zero reference on Z to machine z0 and touched off on a known touch off location for Z. Do the same with other tools. Then we set a G54 location for the actual top of work using one of the the taught tools. Try to run a program and tool wants to crash.

If someone has a step 1,2,3, to just make this run a simple tool change ( and if by some chance have any readout make sense) it would be most appreciated.

thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Proper setup forFANUC ROBODRILL D14siA Control 3Ii-Model B

are you using external tool measurment and importing the offsets?

"At this point we put a tool in the spindle, set the zero reference on Z to machine z0 and touched off on a known touch off location for Z. Do the same with other tools. Then we set a G54 location for the actual top of work using one of the the taught tools. Try to run a program and tool wants to crash."

you should only use one tool to set the Z0. compensation should be diference in height between the tool used to set the Z0. or alternativly if you are measuring the tool length off the machine it needs to be the gauge length and then you need to set the Z0 based on the spindle face. for simplicity go back to a master tool.

step 1. I usually use a long tool as the master. zero out it's H value.
    step 2. jog the master tool down and touch off the part using the master tool and set Z0.
    step 3. jog the next tool down and touch it off while on the offsets page. you should be able to see the position data and manually enter in the z value for the tools offset. this is the difference in length between the new tool and the masters length.
    repeat for other tools.

tool changes should just be T1 M6
    on my old tape drill (precurser to the robodrill) you need to have G49 and cancel the tool length compensation before a tool change.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you,

I will try all your instructions

Dear landslide1

I just bought Stama/Fanuc drill mate with Fanuc OM Mate controll.
    Apparently i dont have experince with Fanuc controls and im having hard time to set the tool heights
    Could you please explain little better 'step by step' about the tool height setup
    For example i dont know where to find the tool offsets

Thank you in advance
    Regards Alex

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi send me your email and I'll try to assist as I have procedures

Quote Originally Posted by mbservice View Post
    Hi send me your email and I'll try to assist as I have procedures
    Dear sir
    My email is: alkat2017@yahoo.com