Getting a new Millturn

Thread: Getting a new Millturn

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Getting a new Millturn

I spent the last months shopping to buy a large millturn for my employer. First, I looked at the Mazak Integrex, DMG-Mori NT and the Okuma Multus. They all look to be good products, very similar to one another. Recently, I found out about the Austrian compagnie WFL. They quote much higher than their Japanese competitor but they have a much stronger and more rigid concept. Since we have a lot of heavy roughing in hard material, I think WFL machine would be a interesting choice for us.

Beside the brochure and the internet site, I don’t know much about WFL. I would like to know if any of you ever work with these machines and what are your impression. Any advice/warning?

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Kwantom; 10-23-2018 at 07:46 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Getting a new Millturn

hello kwantom i like the multus u3000 with lower turret, Y, 2nd spindle; i mean i would buy one

if you are roughing a lot :
    ... rough turning, then the lower turret will help, since it is more rigid
    ... rough milling, then go for a bigger tool shank, maybe dual contact

service & suport should be considered too

also, if you allready have a recent mazak, dmg, etc, maybe you consider not to have too many types of cnc controllers inside the shop, so to minimize the diversity of programing and panel operation / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...