Need Help! Looking for advice on building a cabinet and frame for a small 5 axis cnc.

Thread: Looking for advice on building a cabinet and frame for a small 5 axis cnc.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking for advice on building a cabinet and frame for a small 5 axis cnc.

Hello,

I am researching a build for a small tabletop 5 axis cnc machine for mostly 6000 series aluminum and some other softer metals and plastic.
    I would like to build it from off the shelf extrusions using mechanical fasteners. Most of the parts i will be making will be in a size range of 10 mm. I would like to have a tolerance of ±0.1 mm

Are there any companies with quality parts that will allow me to do this? I have looked at Isel ag as I have worked with one of their machines in the past in a cabinet shop and really liked the quality.

Ideas, recommendations, thoughts?

I appreciate the push in the right direction.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking for advice on building a cabinet and frame for a small 5 axis cnc.

Aluminum extrusions are suitable for making cabinets for enclosing CNC machines, and can provide some of the framework for the machine itself, if one is willing to restrict oneself to relatively soft materials. But I'm having a hard time picturing it being used to build the tilting and rotating parts that would give you 4 and 5 axis capabilities. Do you have any drawings or models that show how you're planning to accomplish this?

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking for advice on building a cabinet and frame for a small 5 axis cnc.

youtube videos of the G0704 under the name arizonavideo99