Matsuura MC510VG 1098 Fan Alarm help

Thread: Matsuura MC510VG 1098 Fan Alarm help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Matsuura MC510VG 1098 Fan Alarm help

I have a Matsuura MC510VG witha Yasnac J300M control which is giving me a "1098 Fan Alarm of CNC Unit" message.

Can anyone shed some light on what fan this alarm is referencing? The only thing I have been able to find in my books just says that the "fan is bad".
    All the fans I can find are good; 2 fans on the electrical cabinet door which blow across the heat sinks mounted to the door and the 2 fans for the CPU unit are good. The fan for the spindle motor is running also.

The alarm was happening about 2 times a day initially, but now it does not clear at all.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Matsuura MC510VG 1098 Fan Alarm help

I thought they had fans behind the screen ?
    Drop the front panel off and check

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mbservice View Post
    I thought they had fans behind the screen ?
    Drop the front panel off and check
    I checked already and no fans. Thanks for the suggestion though, still searching.

Do you know if the spindle motor fan is monitored for speed? It appears to be turning fine, but it is heavily loaded with oily, dirty grime that manages to coat everything.
    I will probably end up cleaning since it needs it regardless if it fixes my issue or not.

Downloads
    Uploads

I would have thought that as it says alarm of the cnc it referred to the processing unit
    I thought that that spindle fan was unmonitorred as on the earlier haas machines

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mbservice View Post
    I would have thought that as it says alarm of the cnc it referred to the processing unit
    I thought that that spindle fan was unmonitorred as on the earlier haas machines
    Those were my thought as well which is why I haven't addressed the spindle motor fan yet.
    I did remove and clean the 2 fans for the CPU unit. Both were running, but had a lot of grime on them as well. They were simple 2 wire fans with no apparent monitoring of the fan speed.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

From my experience this can be related with temperature monitoring,try cleaning electronic boards if they are dirty.
    And also check current flow on fans,it could have damaged windings.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Resolution follow up.
    The problem ended up to be the cooling fans of the CPU unit. During my initial evaluation of the fans, I mistakenly said that the cooling fans were simple 2 wire fans. They were indeed 3 wire fans that are monitored for stop condition. My initial inspection showed that the fans were running and were running after I cleaned them, however, they must have been running slow enough or had internal damage that triggered the 1098 alarm. When I finally got back to re-evaluating the fans, I did find one fan that was not running and discovered my error with regards to the fans being monitored.

Ordered an exact match and replaced both fans which cleared the alarm condition.

And as luck, or bad luck would have it, an identical sister machine had the exact same 1098 fan alarm of CNC unit pop up while I was waiting for my replacement fans. Good thing I planned ahead and ordered enough to replace the fans in both machines.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Matsuura MC510VG 1098 Fan Alarm help-cpu-jpg   Matsuura MC510VG 1098 Fan Alarm help-cpu-2-jpg