Shizuoka B-3V help

Thread: Shizuoka B-3V help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Shizuoka B-3V help

Hi
    I have a B-3V with Fanuc 6M-B. It has an arm style changer with 20 tool caroselle. 1985 vintage. I have no documention for the machine. The tool changer decided to retire. Does any one out there have a machine like this with documentation. I would be happy to pay for copying cost plus a little something for your time.
    Thanks Pete

Similar Threads:

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey! I have the exact same machine. I purchased it for peanuts because it had a bad spindle drive board and some problem with the Fanuc 6MB motherboard. I replaced the spindle drive with a KB 4 quadrant drive and replaced the Fanuc stuff with Mach3. I haven't done much with my tool changer, but it sounds exactly the same as yours (20 position with a pneumatic arm). I could also use some documentation on the tool changer to assist in building my own controller for it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I found another guy with the same machine and he has documentaion (original). He has offered to get it copied and forward me a set. I'll keep you posted. While its been down I decided to take care of some other maintenance on it, leaking lube lines and loud z-axis ballscrew bearings.
    Pete

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by petek View Post
    Hi
    I have a B-3V with Fanuc 6M-B. It has an arm style changer with 20 tool caroselle. 1985 vintage. I have no documention for the machine. The tool changer decided to retire. Does any one out there have a machine like this with documentation. I would be happy to pay for copying cost plus a little something for your time.
    Thanks Pete
    Pete
    I'm looking to buy a machine like this. Did you ever find information you were looking for?
    Thanks Chuck

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Shizuoka B-3V help

Quote Originally Posted by chuck767 View Post
    Pete
    I'm looking to buy a machine like this. Did you ever find information you were looking for?
    Thanks Chuck
    I did get some documentation but did not match my machine. The spindle drive (fugi) blew shortly after I posted for help. I was charged $3000.00 for repair of the drive, which did not work, I was able to get that refunded. From the documentation I got from a guy in Chicago I was able to retrofit an Allen Bradley drive for the spindle with a small plc to handle the spindle speed commands. The tool changer still does not work. I ended up buying a Fadal 4020 which has treated me real well. Cheap to fix and easy to find affordable service. If you need Fanuc parts for the Shizuoka let me know. I have retro'd a couple of machines with Centroid upgrades and will probably strip mine out and replace with Centroid.
    Best way to find someone with documentation is to Google the machine and hopefully a machine shop will come up with one listed as one of their assets, then you call them and offer something for a copy of the manuals.
    Good luck- Pete

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I also have a Shizuoka Millmaster B-3V with a Fanuc 6M that I am retrofitting. I got in contact with Shizuoka Japan, and Yamzen here in the states and was able to order a replacement parts manual ($100,) but that's all they had. I'd be happy to provide a copy if either of you need it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by pbrubaker View Post
    I also have a Shizuoka Millmaster B-3V with a Fanuc 6M that I am retrofitting. I got in contact with Shizuoka Japan, and Yamzen here in the states and was able to order a replacement parts manual ($100,) but that's all they had. I'd be happy to provide a copy if either of you need it.
    Hi,
    I would be interested in a copy. What would you want to copy it and send it to me?
    Thanks,
    Chuck

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by petek View Post
    I I have retro'd a couple of machines with Centroid upgrades and will probably strip mine out and replace with Centroid.

Good luck- Pete
    Pete,
    I'm bringing home a Shizuoka B-3V in a couple days. It's running Mach3 right now. I'm currently thinking of upgrading the control and using a Dynomotion Kflop motion control board and KmotionCNC in place of the Mach3. It has Gecko G320 servo drivers.

Did you consider either of these when you upgraded to Centroid?

Thanks,
    Chuck

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by chuck767 View Post
    Hi,
    I would be interested in a copy. What would you want to copy it and send it to me?
    Thanks,
    Chuck
    Hey Chuck,

It's not here yet, so I'll get in touch with you once it arrives.

Pete

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Pete, let me know.
    I got the mill home today, now the task of getting 10,000 lbs of iron off my trailer.
    Regards,
    Chuck

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Was anyone about to get their hands on the shizuoka b3v owners manual?
    I have an issue with my mill and need an owners manual

Thank you
    Nic

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jvobike View Post

Thank you
    Nic
    Nic
    No I never received the manual.

I ended up retrofitting my machine with a warp 9 ESS smooth stepper motion control board. I used a C62 breakout board from CNC4PC.

Chuck

Downloads
    Uploads

Anybody can help me I have a Shizuoka mill master B 5-v need relay kepper sans counters and Timer and data jorgei@mwicorp.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jvobike View Post

Thank you
    Nic
    Does anybody know if the Suzuka B- 3V has a air operated spindle rotation break
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

I have Shizuoka B-5V the Tool change is not working I have all manuals and Doc. anybody know how to fix it the carrousel Thanks