Kiwa KNH-400 Pallet Pool Issues

Thread: Kiwa KNH-400 Pallet Pool Issues

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Kiwa KNH-400 Pallet Pool Issues

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with the Kiwa KNH-400 with 6 pallet pool? We just got a used (very used) one and I have been trying to get it up and going. The main issue that I am having now is getting the pallet pool to remember which pallets are where in the pool. I can go into the parameters and get it all set right, but with the first rotation of the pallet pool table it loses all of the positions. Any help or input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Kiwa KNH-400 Pallet Pool Issues

Quote Originally Posted by yore123 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with the Kiwa KNH-400 with 6 pallet pool? We just got a used (very used) one and I have been trying to get it up and going. The main issue that I am having now is getting the pallet pool to remember which pallets are where in the pool. I can go into the parameters and get it all set right, but with the first rotation of the pallet pool table it loses all of the positions. Any help or input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Not everyone is comfortable twiddling bits on a Fanuc... If that is true... Stay far away from this advise... and find a good FANUC guy you trust.

With high probability your Proximity Sensors are either maladjusted in height, or smashed. In your instance, because you have recently moved the machine, smashed being higher probability, because the sensors and its three sensor bracket were not disconnected prior to moving. Amusing myself, everyone becomes an expert the second time you have to move one of these machines--when the sensors cost $131 each.

On my machine, I got lucky in two ways.... One, I have Omron Proximity Sensors (Part No. E2E-X2D1-M3G for those who do not have tags or cannot read them)... Two, the Omron sensors listed have screw on leads--which is good because you are going to learn a little binary. If you have your OEM manuals--which will proclude most people (including self), they can be ordered from KIWA. Just telling up front, your machine is not going to be anything like my machine, and the data and locations of what you need are based upon your serial number.

Once you have a valid copy of your electrical diagram.. You can write me directly and I will walk you through the Little Endian Binary process of determining if your switches are in the proper order in their three slot bracket... I will need to see your electrical diagram to verify the hard location the data is stored.... My system uses D0500, plus, plus, plus for each of the decimal pallets numbers that come from of course--Binary. The binary data is simple enough and 000=0, 001=1, 010=2, 011=3, 100=4, 101=5, 111=6.... If you have a six pallet system, three bits is going to do just fine--if you are rich enough to have afforded an eight pallet system--then you are going to need four bits--but the process, and order is the same.

Here is where I leave you hanging... At least until you locate some data...

1) What make/model pallet system do you have? Including serial.
    2) What make/model of Kiwa do you have? Including serial
    3) Do you have OEM electrical schematics for that machine and that pallet changer? (Mistakes from serial to serial number can be dangerous--Please do not guess... needing a Yes or No.)
    4) When is the last time you backed up the ole girl?
    5) When is the last time you treated your two Beta Series Drives and Fanuc 18i M Model A Control to a fresh set of batteries? (Three batteries. Two are of the same type and voltage, one is unique in voltage and size--again, look at your manual, or have someone competent in Fanuc look at your control.)

Get back to me when you have amassed the requisite items.... We will spend about half an hour on the phone together.... Depending where you are located... A phone call to Methods Machine might be a simpler solution, unless you are absolutely positive---you can do this. I personally use Methods Machine for my KIWA--David is their Southern California Engineer, and he is very good at Fanuc, and Clint is their service manager. Good group of folks.

Stephen
    A lowly user, with a boat load of experience.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Kiwa KNH-400 Pallet Pool Issues

Hey Stephen,

I never saw your reply as it was almost 5 months after my post and we had resolved the problems that we were having at the time. However, since we are having new problems I reGoogled the topic and came upon your reply. I will try to give you as much information as I have.

The machine that we have is a KNH-400 with 6 Pallet Pool. The pallet system appears to be made by KIWA but I cannot find any serial # / model on the machine. I'm not even sure of the machine serial number. The maintenance info in the control list the Machine Number as PB6106R. I have the electrical schematics for the machine but not the pallet pool. Regretfully, we had a backup of the parameters saved on a hard drive that took a crap. Funny you mention the batteries as that is what I believe led to the problems we are having. We had some communication errors between the machine control and the pallet pool control. Thinking for some reason that the machine was still on, I pulled the battery on the Beta Servo Amp on the pallet pool to check the voltage. I then realized the machine was off and said some choice words under my breath. I think I've solved the other communication errors, but can't figure out how redo the reference return for the pallet pool table. Any help that you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Roy