Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review! - Page 5

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckingFastards View Post
    It is always unfortunate with all the extra costs incurred, especially since you thought you worked everything out already.

The good thing is your still well under what a comparative CNC milling machine would be.

I'm looking forward to seeing the final result once you have it in your place.

Is their anything other than the ordinary (levelling, degreasing, software programming) you have to do before you fire the machine up?

Make sure you take plenty of videos when you receive it.
    I have to add the Linux cnc control interface, some wiring and programming. Already purchased a level and researched that process, the cleaning will be fun.. I hate cosmoline.. the smell makes my stomach turn, but... I'll weather it for it being a new machine..lol

I'm sure there will be done surprises along the road to making the guest post, but I will be documenting everything with vids and pictures including picking the machine up and unloading and setting up.
    Quote Originally Posted by G59 View Post
    Comparative CNC???
    This machine is in a class on its own.
    Funny how the tax man always rears it's ugly head just when you think you got it all covered.
    The charges for taxes, duties etc and everything were as expected, the terrorist inspection was a surprise, but you can only add that in as a possible because it's not a guaranteed expense. For those who get a machine and don't have to pay, it almost covers the cost of a phase converter..lol

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by G59 View Post
    Comparative CNC???
    This machine is in a class on its own.
    Touché

Downloads
    Uploads

Happy days!!! Received an email from the shipping company and they stated they over invoiced me and I am receiving a refund check of $602.00!! So happy day today, that should cover my trailer and forklift rental for unloading the machine!! Whoo hoo!

I will list a total cost analysis of the machine shipping experience once all of the logistics and rentals are done and put it in an accounting format spreadsheet for those who are interested. that should break down the costs and make them simple to read and follow along with a time line so you are informed of what and rough estimate of when to expect to have to send money places.

Wasn't expecting it so it's like Christmas here for me today..bahaha!!!

Chris

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Also some more eye candy.. my Elo 21.5" touchscreen arrived along with my waterproof sealed panel mount keyboard.. I think this will make for a very clean looking interface for Path pilot/LinuxCNC.

I will need to add an E-stop, Pendant, etc etc still but plan on using the touchscreen interface primarily for most everything else. Would like to make the pendant semi integrated to the panel so when in its place can be used as some of the buttons, mpg etc.. I like things clean and uncluttered.

Thoughts?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks nice. What brand is the keyboard? Is it ok to type on. The few waterproof keyboards I've used are hopeless as keyboards, have to type incredibly slowly. Suspect they were cheap ones though.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by pippin88 View Post
    Looks nice. What brand is the keyboard? Is it ok to type on. The few waterproof keyboards I've used are hopeless as keyboards, have to type incredibly slowly. Suspect they were cheap ones though.
    I will take a look tomorrow, haven't used it yet, but it was $60+, want exactly cheap, quality feels very nice, I won't be typing more than button pushing as it will be mounted vertically so I'm sure it will do fine even if it's not great for speed typing.

Downloads
    Uploads

Two quick updates, the machine is scheduled to arrive at my local bonded warehouse this Friday October 14th.. whoo hoo. Bad news is I'm out of town this weekend until Tuesday night, so will probably have to wait until Thursday next week to go get it, get the forklift, flatbed etc..

Also I ordered my 25hp rotary phase converter today..

$1400 shipped from Southern Phase Converters

I decided to go with southern phase converters for several reasons, a big one was the price, but also Larry really took the time to go over the machine and build a unit that was tailored to my own circumstance. It's a cat iron framed motor with a balanced output designed for running CNC equipment. Congress with a 5 year warranty and from my experience so far Larry has been available to answer questions via phone or email poetry much whenever I sent a message or called. I shopped antigen today, but I didn't feel as though they cared much for what I was doing or the home shop situation, and the price was considerable higher. I was quoted almost $2500 with shipping. So in the end I decided that with a 5 year warranty, I could just about buy another unit if there was a problem after warranty expired and be not far off the difference in cost. It should ship out Thursday is my guess and be available for delivery Wednesday next week when I get back, or I may wait to get it and the machine same day since I'll have the forklift to move stuff around. Will be renting the forklift for a week so I have it to shuffle and move everything around without needing to many helpers.

I'm very excited! Been a long time coming!!

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, the delivery schedule was wrong.. machine arrived today! Lol. Going tomorrow to check out what's left of the crating and make some firm plans to pick it up next week. Whooo hooo!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Sweet!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I went and put my hands on the crate yesterday, felt good to know is finally here only a few miles away..lol. Crate was good shape, no damage so I was thrilled that after all the transporting that they appeared to take good care of it. I obviously couldn't tear into the crate to inspect everything but in hope they were respectful during the inspection process and didn't damage anything or beat it up to bad.

I have lined up the forklift and trailer for next week Wednesday, hopefully the weather cooperates. I will be renting the forklift for a week to give me some time to use it to move everything around in the shop. It is $215/day or $525/week, so seemed like a smart move rather than trying to rush everything. I ordered the forklift with 6' long forks fully support the crate under the machine. Trailer will be rented for one day and cost is $75/day for a platform trailer with the platform fully covering the wheels so I can get the forks under it from the side.

The crate size is 6'-3" deep x 9'-8" wide x 7'-6" tall. This is great because I can move it through my 8' garage door height fully crated still and work on it inside taking any rushing out of the equation from weather catching me outside while uncrating it.

So I should have some more updates next week for covering the pickup, transport, unloading, uncrating, moving it around in the shop and initial cleanup. Then once all that is done I will get to work with the Linuxcnc install and wiring the rotary phase converter. Then setup and leveling of the machine and setting up Linux CNC. I am sure there will be some hiccups getting everything working but hopefully the fine folks on the LinuxCNC boards can help anywhere I fall short! Sooo excited and ready to have this machine here and up and running!!

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

omg omg omg so close!

Looking forward to this so please make a video showing everything in detail

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ack1 View Post
    omg omg omg so close!

Looking forward to this so please make a video showing everything in detail
    You know I will!! Lol.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes !! So happy you are getting close to having it home Chris. It was a lot of work and planning on your part.
    We all are thrilled for you and hope it is all you wanted.

Surprised it will fit under the garage door !! Great !

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mikecol View Post
    Yes !! So happy you are getting close to having it home Chris. It was a lot of work and planning on your part.
    We all are thrilled for you and hope it is all you wanted.

Surprised it will fit under the garage door !! Great !

Mike
    Mike,

Thanks!!

It is actually lower with the crate off, which makes it an attractive option for those with low garage doors. I think it is under 6' with the z axis motor removed. Can't wait to get it home...

I have the updated costs for the forklift and trailer:

8000lb Forklift with 6' forks rental 1 day:
    $270 rental (delivered 4pm 10/19, retrieved 10/20 4pm)
    $110 delivery charge
    $110 pick up charge
    $40 insurance coverage
    $64 miscellaneous taxes fees surcharges etc.

$594 total price

Deck over wheels 7 X 18 14k lb Trailer rental 1 day:

$73 total

Total equipment rental costs: $667.00

And there is a $120.00 loading and security fee due at the bonded warehouse at time of pickup.

I will put all of this in a spreadsheet once completed for easier viewing and to help any who are considering purchasing one of these machines or another brand machine from China.

Long road but finally near the end goal!!

Thanks for following along with my adventure everyone!!

Chris

Last edited by lcvette; 10-15-2016 at 02:58 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Glad to know it is finally here. I think some of us may be a bit more excited than you are about the arrival.

Hopefully all is well and is intact, with a fully functioning as specified machine.

Will be looking forward to your Wednesday arrival.

Downloads
    Uploads

Glad to know it is finally here. I think some of us may be a bit more excited than you are about the arrival.

Hopefully all is well and is intact, with a fully functioning as specified machine.

Will be looking forward to your Wednesday arrival.
    If that is true it's only because there is alot of UN-Fun work to get to the fun stuff along with a bunch of coordinating and concerns with weather, moving the shop around, wiring, compressor line running installing a new compressor.. etc etc..lol. You guys will get the magical time warp update.. I'll be the guy making the magic happen but I'm no wizard..lol

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's all part of it. The fact that you moving things around because something new is coming is all part of the fun.

Document the moving things around and wiring plus compressor etc if you like, that will be an interesting read. Especially for some of us who are looking at building a new workshop specifically for our CNC needs (such as myself).

Regarding wiring and electrical, you stated in the beginning of the thread you are going to get a 25hp phase convertor. I realize that you need one to cover the start up amps of the load but, is there any reason why you chose one so large? Are you running other pieces of equipment off of it as well? Couldn't you have just got away with 15hp instead of the 25? The reason I ask is because electricity as well as ceiling height is going to be some of my limiting factors regarding my future mill purchase.

Downloads
    Uploads

It's all part of it. The fact that you moving things around because something new is coming is all part of the fun.

Document the moving things around and wiring plus compressor etc if you like, that will be an interesting read. Especially for some of us who are looking at building a new workshop specifically for our CNC needs (such as myself).

Regarding wiring and electrical, you stated in the beginning of the thread you are going to get a 25hp phase convertor. I realize that you need one to cover the start up amps of the load but, is there any reason why you chose one so large? Are you running other pieces of equipment off of it as well? Couldn't you have just got away with 15hp instead of the 25? The reason I ask is because electricity as well as ceiling height is going to be some of my limiting factors regarding my future mill purchase.
    The rule of thumb for sizing a rotary phase converter is to add up all the motor hp ratings, this includes secure motors especially on bigger machines and then take that number and double it and round to the nearest size phase converter.

So here is the calculation:

7.5hp Spindle
    2.4hp X axis servo
    2.4hp Y axis servo
    2.0hp Z axis servo

= 14.2hp x 2 = 28.4hp phase converter size estimate

I rounded down to the 25hp unit which should still give me plenty of cushion for the work I'll be doing, if the machine were to be really pushed hard I may have opted for a 30hp unit.

I also wanted to make sure that when I upgraded to a turning center I would have enough power to run it well. Once you have the phase converter is nice not having to worry about 3 phase power machines. I just have to be cautious about which turning center I go with because many of them have huge single motors, 25-35hp. I will look for machines with about 10-15hp main spindles max.

As for the compressor, I'm still trying to decide which one to get, I'm leaning towards the Ingersoll Rand SS5L5 5hp 60 gallon unit, it puts out good said and has very good reviews. Is on sale at my local tractor supply for $879.99. will probably buy it and pick it up while i have the forklift for the machine for easy off loading.

The rotary phase converter I will also schedule for delivery the day the forklift if here. Try and capitalize on having the machine so it's more with the rental cost. Hopefully it works out schedule wise! We shall see!!

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

Get the Ingersoll compressor, that's a good price. I paid about the same for the husky, from Lowe's, (which is the same as the similar, other brand compressors at home depot, and all over places like that) and it's a piece of crap. I wish I would have gotten an IR.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lcvette View Post
    The rule of thumb for sizing a rotary phase converter is to add up all the motor hp ratings, this includes secure motors especially on bigger machines and then take that number and double it and round to the nearest size phase converter.

So here is the calculation:

7.5hp Spindle
    2.4hp X axis servo
    2.4hp Y axis servo
    2.0hp Z axis servo

= 14.2hp x 2 = 28.4hp phase converter size estimate

I rounded down to the 25hp unit which should still give me plenty of cushion for the work I'll be doing, if the machine were to be really pushed hard I may have opted for a 30hp unit.
    Complete oversight on my part. Did not even think to include the servo motors for the axis. Makes sense to go for that size phase convertor then. Any idea of how much amps?

I think 10-15hp main spindle on a lathe will suite you well. Should handle the grunt of most CNC work.

Make sure you read up on reviews for the compressor, the few I read on amazon did not look that promising.

Agreed, being you have the equipment at your disposal, it makes total sense to utilize it.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast