Skyfire CNC owners? - Page 18

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

Thread: Skyfire CNC owners?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Skyfire CNC owners?

ok, ordered them, let you know how I get on.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by allterrain50 View Post
    ok, ordered them, let you know how I get on.
    They are a bit of a pain to pull through, but best to do that, then join them to the existing switch cables in the electric cabinet. They aren’t long enough to reach the breakout board themselves (1m cable). Reason being as with the motors the cable on the OG switches is crap and prone to getting torn and letting water in, the cable attached to the Panasonic switches is much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Seriously considering getting the svm2 plus that has just been announced.
    It is said to have a lot of the issues that people complain about fixed. Ie. Panasonic limit switches etc..

Should I pull the trigger and order one?
    I can't really afford the syil x5 equivalent
    Thoughts?

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, if the build quality is the same as my Skyfire SVM-0 mill, I would say go for it...…..I have nothing to complain about fundamentally and have had a lot of fun playing with it...….BTW, I was A$10 grand out of pocket when all things were finalised and with a few extras included...... but 'twas a far better thing I did than I have ever done before.

Bigger may be better......I took the man at his word without seeing the machine and never looked back.....back up was so total that in my ignorance of all things CNC they came to the party and sorted out my problems, via the 'net, even from the other side of the World.

Good luck and give my regards to Defeng when you order.
    Ian.

Downloads
    Uploads

Syil X5 isn’t the equivalent, that’s like the SVM0.

X7 is more equivalent to the SVM2, and much better, although obviously much pricier, takes up more space and requires 3 phase.

If you are confident about troubleshooting, fixing and sourcing parts by yourself then go for it. Almost all parts in a skyfire are off the shelf so you shouldn’t have much trouble with regards that. But if something doesn’t work properly and you’re waiting on Defeng to tell you what to do, be prepared to have a machine sitting there for months or in some people’s cases years whilst he ignores your emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Not so with the production time (I think)…... ….probably was a fact some years ago...……..I ordered a highly bespoke machine that was being built from the ground up under very unfavourable conditions, a lot different from the basic catalogue model, and due to a lot of re-organising moves he was forced to make I had to wait for 2 years before the machine was in my sweaty hands...……. but now that he's established I would think that the lead time is better and production would take a first in best dressed attitude...….he does make a good job of the machine but that's just my experience and opinion.....other people may have an experience that is different.

What you must understand right from the start is that you are setting yourself up as a direct importer with all the costs which that entails instead of just going to your local machinery dealer and choosing one from stock or having one ordered in to your requirements.

The dealer has done all the work and stands the risks and costs etc...…... that is why you have to pay his margin to ensure you get a machine (that you can see and touch) delivered tomorrow.

I took a calculated risk with knowledge of what I wanted and luckily, despite all the naysayers, it paid off......what other options have you got if you want to cut out the middle man?

I would say that you can save approx. 30% - 40% off of a regular showroom floor model by going direct...……..do the sums very carefully and calculate the outcome.....you can't have it all ways.....and with the tariff restrictions ya'all have incurred that has made the ball game very slanted but not in your favour.
    Ian.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718