Skyfire CNC owners? - Page 2

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyfire CNC owners?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Skyfire CNC owners?

Does it matter ? If it is not possible return the money !

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is the response i got in July after not receiving a response to my emails for over 2 years.
    A guys on the form contacted him and he emailed me.

Hi Greg,
    Your parts are almost ready now. We are short of a pulley of the small ER32 spindle now. we will send out once we get it ready.

I have emailed him for an updates but no reply.
    I have now given up.

I ordered stepper motors full controller set up, spindle, spindle motor and driver, plug and play type set up for my Wadkin Pattern Makers mill

Money down the drain.

Cheers Greg

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, to be fair........you got an email in July and it's now October.....about 3 months.......I waited for 2 years on the complete customised mill order....about 6 grands worth all up, and that was mainly due to it being bespoke and not a standard offering together with the turmoil of restructuring and relocating the business at the time......it will happen, if not today...eventually.......there could be a problem with supply and I know quality control does paly a big part in what and when you get your stuff.

BTW.....after the initial order placement I did not get a single email during the 2 year wait saying that due to circumstances etc etc the show would be delayed for a while......that was understandable due to,the nature of the operation, but I did come out on top smelling of roses etc, so patience is what patience gets you.
    Ian.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It has now been 3 years since i placed the order and the only reason he contacted me was form pressure form people on the forum.
    I think i have been more than fair.
    That is 1 year more than you.
    I don't believe i will receive my order.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi.....mate, that would be a worry for a no show or contact..........while I had to wait patiently, as there was no other action, I think I would have been a bit depressed too at that outcome.

There's a guy from South Africa who stated that he was the agent in that country for Skyfire products......he posted on one of the Skyfire threads previously.......maybe you could give him a PM and see if he can pull some strings.
    Ian.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Greg.......go to post #13 on this thread........Jonno capetown states that he is the agent in South Africa for the Skyfire product range......he also stated that he could help with product sourcing and other problems people are having..........it's a cockeyed way of getting action, but any port in a storm etc.

I don't know if anyone else is having problems using Win 10, but for me it's a total
    balls up of a system.
    Ian.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So I mailed Skyfire to let them know about this thread this morning. Defeng replied to me within a few minutes and it seems he is trying to sort Greg out and is currently dealing with the situation. I hope everything works out for you Greg.
    Things have definitely improved on their side, the last order we placed for a SVM2 with Adtech and ATC took about 4 weeks before it was ready to ship.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JonnoCapeTown View Post
    So I mailed Skyfire to let them know about this thread this morning. Defeng replied to me within a few minutes and it seems he is trying to sort Greg out and is currently dealing with the situation. I hope everything works out for you Greg.
    Things have definitely improved on their side, the last order we placed for a SVM2 with Adtech and ATC took about 4 weeks before it was ready to ship.
    Wow.....that's good news Jonno and quick too.........now TKamsker is also trying to get service......I can't understand why they didn't get a reply to their emails they must be on a customer listing.
    Ian.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I ordered a SVM1 and always get replies to mails (and I had allot of questions haha)
    Defeng answered all my questions. Sometimes it can take 2/3 days but he is very busy I think.
    Machine is finished and almost ready to be transported to me.
    Vid of my machine is on it's youtube channel

Downloads
    Uploads

Then you are lucky

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Beano and Greg can u give us all any updates for your machines.

It is a huge worry sending money when others have been waiting years but i do like the look of the machines.
    For those that have one how good are they. Rigid enough for quality finishes. As accurate as claimed. You know all the q's that would be nice to know.
    I am thinking of the 2 size but would not want huge cabinets as i have very limited space to house it.
    I am also contemplating doing my own controller for linuxcnc as the i don't like chinese stuff that i have read about, better more open and maintainable but not Mach hahahahaha, been there and still frustrated.
    Did anyone get tooling supplied with it. I remember reading a post somewhere about getting tooling at very good prices and quality was nice so i will order a lot of what i want with it if it is practical. Poor budget hahahahaha

Mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Beano,

I haven't received the parts i ordered, it was 3 years last November ( $2500).
    I have given up, my emails were not replied to, i was just wasting my time.
    Last time i posted about not getting my parts I received help of a person on this thread who contacted Defeng.
    Defeng then emailed me and told me he was waiting on a pulley, that was the 5/6/2016.
    When i email him i do not get a reply,so i have no choice but to give up.

I hope this helps

Cheers Greg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Greg
    scratch him off the list then i suppose
    I will not take the chance with $10k
    sorry to hear of your loss and lets hope it doesn't happen to anyone else
    Thanks for letting me know

Mike

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can't speak for other's experience but I purchased mine through His US Distributor, and have to say that I have had good service. In my case, while I did have limited contact with Defeng, the majority of my contacts were through Jan Bos. I ordered last April, received my SVM-2 in September. I requested a LinuxCNC control system. At that time, they had not previously provided LinuxCNC. They had not completed the ATC software at the time I asked them to ship the unit. I said that I would rather have the use of the Machine earlier than wait until they had completed the ATC development. Feburary 27 this year the ATC is now working under LinuxCNC. They offered to provide an unit with a working ATC based on a different controller, but it was my choice to wait.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

it seems very strange that some get what is promised and some just end up with nothing

My problem is finding something else that is as good and still afordable

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all......it appears that those that ordered a complete machine have got their orders while parts only are on a waiting list for some reason..........perhaps the time to chase up part orders is too consuming when all available hands are at full capacity with the production of complete machines being the first priority.

I think I was extremely lucky to get the personal service I did, as I did have a very optioned SVM-0 CNC mill in the end with all the features I wanted.

That was nothing like the standard catalogue model.....that in itself would mean a very detailed hands on work schedule to make sure the end product was as per order........they don't build cars that way to customer orders......well Rolls Royce do or used to back in the old days.

My opinion is that if you are going for the standard catalogue offering then I expect by this time a reasonable delivery could be expected if stock is available......it does take time to get a production line up and running, and you don't need nit picking personal preferences to get in the way.

Lucky Whimsy isn't in the USA......buying a foreign made import there is now totally heretical and could be held up at customs for years (stored at your cost) ....or even sent back to the sender......by all accounts.

It will be interesting to see how the US distributorship survives the purge for foreign made goods.

That being the case......if a drop off in orders from the US occurs, that will impact on the production output and also the profit margin that is crucial to make the products cost effective.
    Ian..

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by whimsical View Post
    it seems very strange that some get what is promised and some just end up with nothing

My problem is finding something else that is as good and still afordable
    Yeah.....try Hare & Forbes Machinery House (OZ) .....they have a model that retails at A$22k....plus del9ivery.

A lot will depend on the work size you want to do.....then double the buying price to outfit it with the tooling.
    Ian.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,
    I ordered controller and spindle about more than 2 years ago, no news at all. I emailed Defeng, no reply at all. That parts were easy to get, spindle come from his inventory, driver and motor are easy to get.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi....I feel for you pal.......you could try contacting Jan Bos, the US dealership person, as has been suggested previously by HAB82 I think.....he might be able to see what the problem is and pull a few strings.
    Ian.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

I talked with Jan, and mentioned the concerns expressed by all. He said he would be glad to try and assist in getting the issues resolved. Jan Lives in China and can visit the SkyFire plant to get things resolved. He visits the US two-three times a year so I have personally met Him. He said he would try to get on the forum to initiate contacts, but he can also be reached through his US email accounts. sales@skyfirecnc-usa.com or sales@tripletreecnc.com.

I have also purchase tools through him, and have been very happy with the price/quality. So far my best shipping experience for expedited shipping to the US is SF who then passes it to UPS for final delivery.

Good luck to all, I hope this helps get your issues with SkyFire resolved. I like my machine and would like to see a robust user community.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast