Shizuoka Millmaster B-3V Spindle Motor Removal

Thread: Shizuoka Millmaster B-3V Spindle Motor Removal

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Shizuoka Millmaster B-3V Spindle Motor Removal

Hey all,

I have an older B-3V I'm retrofitting that I want to change the spindle motor out on. Mine has a 3.7kW Sanyo-Denki DC (separately excited field, 210VDC) spindle motor and drive. I had little luck trying to find a DC drive to power it off single phase so I decided to replace it with a used AC motor and VFD.

My problem is in removing the motor. I unbolted it from the flange and started lifting it out when it began resisting. I stopped there last night because I don't want to break anything. Unfortunately I don't have any documentation with this machine. Has anyone removed a motor from this machine before that can help me out? There appears to be a collar joining the motor shaft to the main gear shaft, but there are no obvious set screws to loosen it. So I could use some ideas from people who are more knowledgeable about this stuff than I am.

TIA,

Pete