MFG quote/internet contracts..fraud exposure? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MFG quote/internet contracts..fraud exposure?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

debt collection overseas is always a pain, a few years ago , i deisgned and built some dataloggers (30) of them, the buyer which was in the same country as me ran an auditing buisness he owed $13,800 after 6 months of trying to contact him via various means we took things a little differently a mate of mine had a towing buisness we so we drove up in a towtruck with a burnt out mustang (which was hard to find) and replaced it with the debtors mustang (his pride and joy) on his driveway while he was out shopping, needless to say after he got home and read the kindly worded note on the burnt outwreck he paid the debt in cash a few days later we got a small holiday and everyone was happy,

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jho5820705 View Post
    If your transaction was on E-bay you might look into what options you have there. I have bought from him twice and both times it took almost a month to receive the items. As you say he will not answer e-mails. I don't think he answers the phone either from what his feedback on e-bay says.
    ALWAYS use PayPal, always use a credit card. If you can't, don't do the transaction.

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought some holders of him....had to turn it over to paypal...they ruled in my favor and credited my account the money took about six weeks in all
    jim

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all, I just bit the bullet, fingers crossed etc, and had another go with 8oo watt for some tools for my mill.
    Well this time the stuff arrived in 8 days, quite good for international, so maybe the guy is getting wise.
    Ian.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sprew,
    I have two questions:

1) Did you atleast speak with the person ordering the parts or was this a silent email transaction?

2) Was this for $1000? $5000?

Regarding question 1, even a phone conversation goes a long way. Con artists don't like to talk to the person they are gonna cheat. I sell $20 parts on Ebay and I do not use delivery confirmation because overall it's not worth the cost. Occasionally, the buyer says they never got it. I simply ask them to call me. It's a wonderful acid test. If they are willing to call me, I ship another part out. Less than 1 out of 5 times do they call me which tells me most of them were trying to get two parts for the price of one but they were not interested in lying directly to me even over the phone.
    After all that, it helps to let someone know they will be paying you even if they don't know they will. Talk is cheap. Camping out in their parking lot helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12