so my company recently purchased a roland mdx 40a milling machine. while its not specifically made for cutting metal it seems to do an ok job on slow speed .

we have been getting orders for sheet metal(thin brass, copper and aluminum.( like 24 guage) and i have been doing ok with the milling of this..while slow, it does a fine job,

i guess that since the machine is running non stop now and its almost all metal, i should look into getting another more powerful machine made for metal but in the meantime id like to try to set this machine up the best i can to help me get these jobs out.

just to give you an idea of what we are cutting, they are small shapes (like about 1 inch) with rather complex cutouts in the center of these shapes...basically imagine jewelery scale of the detail.

since im needing to mill very detailed items, im needing to use very thin bits and the bits that came with the machine are getting destroyed very quickly.

im thinking that since this machine is not made for metal, perhaps the bits im using are not made for metal either??

can someone suggest the best bit i could use to cut tiny complex shapes out of 24 guage sheet metal??(brass copper aluminum) that wont dull so quickly and would maybe let me cut the metal at a faster speed?

maybe a diamond bit?
thanks