Nardini Fast Trace fanuc 20-T Edit Mode

Thread: Nardini Fast Trace fanuc 20-T Edit Mode

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Nardini Fast Trace fanuc 20-T Edit Mode

I have a Nardini Fast Trace with a fanuc 20-T control and when I reference the lathe to home the machine will no longer allow the edit, mdi and other modes. They are available before reference. We bought this machine and the previous owner put a new oiler on and I think they messed up a wire or parameter setting. It will run with the simple guidance mode with a small 5 point program or in manual mode but not in mem mode.

Thanks Eric

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Eric, i also have a nardini fast trace with 20-t, my knowledge of parameters, blah, blah, is poor but mine is set up and running well, pm me if youve not resolved this yet, at very least i can help compare my properly running machines parameters and settings with yours

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Update: We have contacted Fanuc USA and they gave us some info and we will try looking at the PMC Ladder logic display and see what we can find out with a friend who is an electronics guru. Also a parameter setting as well.

Eric

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Update: Well we have discovered a missing battery (one of two) and have decided to check this issue first. It implies that the reference may not be working correctly with out it and a proper re-zero of the machine.

Eric

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Figured out how to send a program as 7999 which is what the teach program uses. If I send a program over and then reference it then I can run the program. Now all i need is a Gibbscam post processor for the nardini fasttrace and FANUC 20-t controller

Eric

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05 View Post
    Figured out how to send a program as 7999 which is what the teach program uses. If I send a program over and then reference it then I can run the program. Now all i need is a Gibbscam post processor for the nardini fasttrace and FANUC 20-t controller

Eric
    Any chance someone could copy the manual for me, Happy to pay. I need a manual for a fastctrace with a 20T control, thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Nardini Fast Trace fanuc 20-T Edit Mode

luismanuel.garza@hotmail.com send parameter please

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Nardini Fast Trace fanuc 20-T Edit Mode

I have a Nardini Fast Trace with a fanuc 20-T control and when I reference the lathe to home the machine will no longer allow the edit, mdi and other modes. They are available before reference. We bought this machine and the previous owner put a new oiler on and I think they messed up a wire or parameter setting. It will run with the simple guidance mode with a small 5 point program or in manual mode but not in mem mode.

Thanks Eric
    I

I know this thread is super dead, but I have the same problem with my Nardini lathe. Anyone ever come up with a solution? I've been going through the ladder logic and found that there is a BIT called STL, and a BIT called MK=MG. I believe that this means that it is copying the Machine Key Mode data over to the Machine Guidance registers and now ignoring the Machine Key Mode data. Once the lathe is referenced to home, MK=MG bit is on and both multi position switches behave in the same manner.

I checked the wiring of my lathe versus the provided diagram and it matches. (though it is labeled in Portuguese, so I don't have 100% confidence, but the pin numbers do match.)

MG=MK bit has the address R0006.5
    STL bit has the address F0000.5

I don't know if either of these two addresses can be altered without burning a new ROM. If anyone knows the answer about changing bit states for R or F addresses in a Fanuc 20 control, I would be happy to hear about it. I am aware that system parameters are editable, but I couldn't find these two bits in the system parameter list. I believe that the PMC has a different list of parameters than the system.

This is all pretty esoteric, and this isn't a terribly common lathe. The chances of someone having the solution is fairly small I imagine.

Have a good day all
    --Tom

Downloads
    Uploads

I am too having trouble with the mode switch operation.. I doesn't do anything.. seems that everything went to the guidance switch.. NEED HELP!!

Thanks Eric