MC-600VF I80m Intial startup won't move

Thread: MC-600VF I80m Intial startup won't move

Downloads
    Uploads

Default MC-600VF I80m Intial startup won't move

I need help getting my machine moving.

Short story:
    Just got it in my garage and powered. Last night I had A/B flashing between STP and LSK and it wouldn't move. Today on power up it says "MMON (FC230B card) system go unready"

Long Story:
    I have zero machining center experience I just new I wanted one. I have a BP series one and a home built router both running MACH 3. I saw the machine running before I bought it. Trailered it 300 miles. Removed Z axis servo, tool changer motors, and dropped the changer arm, and z axis down to get it through the garage door. I built a 40hp phase converter using a WNY kit. On power up, I had an e-stop warning that wouldn't allow the amps to power up. I went through the schematics and found the y axis limit was tripped. Manually turned axis off limit. The servo power would come on. Machine gave encoder battery error that went away. I couldn't get it to move. I tried jog, rapid, handwheel. Nothing worked. Today it says MMON (FC230b card) system go unready and won't finish booting.

Any help would be appreciated,
    Kevin

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by ka67_72; 03-22-2010 at 12:55 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've spoken with Yaskawa tech support a couple times this week. They think my FC230b card has failed. They recommended I test my card in a working system before sending it to them. Does anyone know someone in the Knoxville, Tn area that can help?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ka67_72 View Post
    I've spoken with Yaskawa tech support a couple times this week. They think my FC230b card has failed. They recommended I test my card in a working system before sending it to them. Does anyone know someone in the Knoxville, Tn area that can help?

Thanks,
    Kevin
    hi Kenvin,
    Did you solve the "system go unready"?
    I got the same problem. Could you please help me?

Jung

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I did. I sent the entire rack in for repair. They replaced a capacitor, repaired a PCB and replaced a couple ic's.

Have you removed the FC200 board from the rack? If it's main cap is bad it will loose all parameters and cause the "MMON go unready". You may trying reloading all your parameters. If I remember, the pass code for the options is all 0000's. I had to do all mine by hand the first time.

Kevin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I did. I sent the entire rack in for repair. They replaced a capacitor, repaired a PCB and replaced a couple ic's.

Have you removed the FC200 board from the rack? If it's main cap is bad it will loose all parameters and cause the "MMON go unready". You may trying reloading all your parameters. If I remember, the pass code for the options is all 0000's. I had to do all mine by hand the first time.

Kevin
    Hi Kenvin,

You are right, I took out FC200 and got problem. Now when power on, the booting screen displayed and then it turned into blank with message "MMON go unready". I cannot manage to get into other screens to input parameters.
    Could you tell me how?

Thanks very much.
    Jung

Downloads
    Uploads

The repair ticket stated that the data on the FC200 (parameters, settings, options) was corrupted due to the bad capacitor and from being disconnected from the battery. They reinitialized the card and uploaded generic parameters to it. I don't know how to do that, but I know Yaskawa will gladly do it for half the cost of a new one.

Kevin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The repair ticket stated that the data on the FC200 (parameters, settings, options) was corrupted due to the bad capacitor and from being disconnected from the battery. They reinitialized the card and uploaded generic parameters to it. I don't know how to do that, but I know Yaskawa will gladly do it for half the cost of a new one.

Kevin
    Hi Kenvin,

So sad hearing that ! They don't have Yasnac service in my country.
    One more question: they did initialize FC200 card at your place or you sent it to them?

Jung

Last edited by Jung; 05-02-2012 at 02:38 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know how to initialize the card. Yaskawa did it so I haven't done any research on it. They offer world wide support.
    Yaskawa Electric America - Contact Us - Support

Kevin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Kenvin,

It's lucky today. This morning when I try turning on power, the massage "MMON GO UNREADY" did not appear again. I could get into parameter screen but there are lot of garbage in parameter and I could not input options parameter.
    Do you know the way to clear all memory (so we don't have to input "0" too many times)? You mentioned about passcode: could you tell me how to input passcode and then input options parameter?

Thanks very much.
    Jung

Downloads
    Uploads

The pass code is only for the options table. You can DNC or use hyperterminal to upload your settings and parameters. I'm at work so I can't look at my machine right now. I'll check when I get home.

Kevin

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't see a way to reset all the parameters, but I think a fresh upload will take care of that.

Kevin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't see a way to reset all the parameters, but I think a fresh upload will take care of that.

Kevin
    hi Kenvin

The number of axes now is only 2 (displayed x and y axis only). I think I have to input option parameters first so that I can input parameter for z axis.
    Can I input Option throught RS232?
    Where must I input psscode?

Jung

Downloads
    Uploads

These are instructions on how to install a memory upgrade but it also has the info you need:
    http://www.e-manufacturing.com/docs/...ry_Upgrade.pdf

I think you have to enter options by hand.

Kevin

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MC-600VF I80m Intial startup won't move

Hi Kevin

I know it has been a while since you posted this thread in the forum, but i wanna ask you if the alarm "MMON system go unready", was solved when installing the knew FC230B card?

I resently bought a Matsuura mc510vf, which displays the same alarm as yours did.

Regards Andreas from Denmark