OpenCNC

Thread: OpenCNC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default OpenCNC

Hello everybody,
    Does anybody knows a thing (or two) about a software call OpenCNC?
    It is supose to be a no proprietary hardware, no motion controll cards. I visited their web site atwww.mdsi2.com. I couldn't find anything about the price or anythig else, because I don't understand too much about this things.Can anybody from this forums, with more kwnoledge about this matters, take a look and report to us what He (or she) were able to fund. I think this is what we,as home machinist and cnc machines builders, is what we were looking for.

Gomez107

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Gomez107,

I did look into Opencnc some time ago, but it was like $20,000 or more and that killed my interest right away.

Instead, I used software from Camsoftcorp, which is priced around $5000 plus a motion card ($1500 to $2000US). There is something to be said for using a motion controller card, and that is that it makes the cnc more resistant to crashes due to problems with Windows "getting busy" while interacting with your hardware.

For the budget minded, Camsoftcorp has also produced a "software only" stepper controller which you might be interested in. I don't know the pricing, but it is designed to save you some money.

Be warned that there is a bit of basic style programming logic that you need to create to make your machine safe to run, but they have a good manual to tell you what to do to get started. I spent hundreds of hours developing a complex cnc interface that does everything except wipe your butt when you're done However, you can add features as you go along, there is no limit to what you can do if you have the inclination to learn how to do it.

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dear HuFlungDung,

What is the Website address for Camsoftcorp?

smabhyan

smabhyan

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Smabhyan

www.camsoftcorp.com

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)