CNC-Zeus

Thread: CNC-Zeus

Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC-Zeus

Does anyone use CNC Zeus? Its a Dos level program, just got it, wanting pros/cons, general advice. TIA.

Smile, life is too short to sweat the small stuff.
    John M. Stuedle
    The Shop Out Back Aviary

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Red face Zeus

hey john, trying zeus on my new machine but not to sure i set it up correctly. let me know how its working for you will do the same.

pierre
    fattunadesigns@sbcglobal.net

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm using it and so far I'm happy. I think it's a bit better than TurboCNC 3.1a. I haven't tried out TurboCNC 4 yet, though. I do like the work offsets. I haven't done much with tool offsets yet, though.

My name is Electric Nachos. Sorry to impose, but I am the ocean.
    http://www.bryanpryor.com

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

I have been using cnczeus for about 4-5 mo now and like it pretty good so far, I had a problem with it reconising a g-code generated from another program but all I did was post the problem on their web sight and they fixed it fast.

Downloads
    Uploads

Can anyone tell me how big the full current version of cnczeus is? I mean the file size. Thanks-Robbie

Downloads
    Uploads

Version 1.79 is 524kb the zipp that is

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Aksess for answering my question, after it is unzipped will it fit on a 1.44mb floppy.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes unzipped it is still only 873 kb

Downloads
    Uploads

I have been using cnczeus for about 4 or 5 months now and really like it. I do have one question about it maybe someone can answer. At work when we do a program it automaticly has the fixture depth and panel size in it, so the machine knows where the wood is without haveing to zero the z-axis on top of the wood. Im guess the machine is setup so that it knows exactly how far the spindle is from the table top. Does anyone know of a way I can setup cnczeus at home to do the same thing. Thanks- Robbie

Downloads
    Uploads

After about a day and a half of digging through my machine at work I finely figured out how the machine knows where to set the zero at. There is a file in the system directory called G401, It has all the measurements of all the heads in it( i mean the measurement from the bottom of the collect to the table for each head). In each of our programs it calls for the G401 file. I still don't know if anything like this is possible in CNCZeus. If you have any ideal please let me know. Thanks- Robbie

Last edited by CNCRob; 10-12-2005 at 09:00 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Rob, our machine at work similarly. The thickness of the part is in the g-code file, with Z+ going down into the part. Z=0 is the top of the part.

What you could do, if you're machine has a home switch on Z, is set it up to home so the table top is Z=0. You'll need to home it away from the table so you don't hit it. Then set up you're CAM software to output a G54 to change the Z = 0 to the top of you're workpiece. Or just add the G54 yourself. Just a thought.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC-Zeus

Just received a message that CNCZeus is now open source.

As far as your work machines knowing where the wood is for cutting purposes, your work machines are most likely closed loop systems that have the tooling set up so that the bottom of the tool is always at the same distance from the collet.

For those who do not know; a closed loop system is a machine that both sends a pulse signal and receives a pulse signal for each step that the g-code instructs it to take The return signal informs the computer that the machine has completed the step. The system is also set up so that each next step is not taken until the return signal is received. This enables the machine to maintain an awareness of where each axis is located at all times even in the event of a power outage.

Once a system like this is set up, it will rarely fail to know it's current position in regards to the progress of the program in addition to each of it's limits. However, in the event that the machine fails to remember those points, it will run each of it's axis to both limit switches and recalibrate itself.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC-Zeus

Hello Satovay!
    I used Zeus CNC_demo long ago but I never bought it. I am reading the website of Zeuss missing. Do you know something? What happened? How can i get or buy?
    Thank you very much, Elek