how many Cimatron users are here

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: how many Cimatron users are here

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up how many Cimatron users are here

Hi
    How many Cimatron users are here.Say hi.
    I am cimatron user.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

me, too

Downloads
    Uploads

Only two!

Downloads
    Uploads

I've never heard of this software but just checked out thier website. How do you guys like the CAM aspect? What's a ballpark figure on price?

Thanks

I can see that not many of the 20000 users have found this site, or perhaps they are just too busy getting on with work, and they do not want to share their secrets woth all and sundry.
    No, jokeing apart the users of Cimatron E (now up to E8) have much more than just CAM to work with, as leaders in tool design software Cimatron have a very impressive suit of modules that cover every aspect, from part design, tool design (both mould and die), one of the best parting solutions for seperating Cavity/Core & side action sliders , electrode extraction, micro mill shop floor viewers, Reverse engineering, shoe design, mill turn, wire EDM, 3 axis mill, 5 axis mill. part assembly AND a Full suit of native file translators.
    All this from one provider. This parametric solid/ surface solution gives the best of both worlds

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You got another one here. Used Surfcam, Delcam Powermill and a little Mastercam x for electrodes and high speed milling. I like Cimatron the best.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

How is Cimatron for 4 axis horizontal production tombstone milling? Anyone use it for this?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have used Cimatrom, old version 6. You can't beat it for mold making and any type of CAM. Currently using UGS NX4. I would really like to have Cimatron agian so I can get some work done.

Brian

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Long time Cimatron user. E8 Nothing beats if for mold & die work.

Eric

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

17 year Cimatron programmer here.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default finish toolpaths

Hi,
    I know on a mold the parts have to have a great finish and of course be dimensional there.

I other cam systems there is 3d offset and parellel toopaths for finishing. I that what you use in Cimatron also? Is there something else for finishing?

What scallop height is usually programmed?

For toolpath type I am refering to milling a core type part.

Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Been running Cimatron for about 7yrs now. Just started working with the 8.5 beta and have few complaints. It is absolutely great for electrodes and NC, I am still feeling out the mold design capabilities. It has a great blend of solid and surface parametric modeling.

Danny

Default Cimatron

Well looks like it is a general opinion amongst Cimatron users, great software, and few complaints. Regarding 8.5, thanks for your feedback, we havn't released it in the UK just yet, but did you experience the new feature in E8, "accelerated mould design" for those designers who use one or more bolster plates to directly sink in the CAV/CORE, not using inserts. I have not come accross a software like it for ejector pin manipulation, such a breeze to add, move, modify, delete and trim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have used the accelerated mold design package, with and without inserts for the cavities and cores. I like the ejector pocket and ejector trim when it works. There are times when it is just destin to fail. Part of this could be operator error and part to do with poor geometry from the part creator. We have found that Catia can have some of the nastiest models when the user is not on top of the game... those are the ones I get quite often. If the parts are clean and stitched we still use ProE for the mold design, it is really hard to beat, but when you have to go to surfacing and unstitched models Cimatron is a better choice. There are times we will start a design in ProE, then after a day or so of struggling to get a closed solid start spliting it in Cimatron as well. Ussually I can split a really ugly part a good bit faster than the ProE guys but I can't keep up making drawings for the shop floor. They need to do something to speed up drafting and make it more powerful. I realize that drafting templates save a ton of time but the ProE guys have them too and theirs work faster, not to mention I am still working on setting up all of mine and all of theirs are already created.

As far as accelerated mold design I have found that I like to add a sub-assembly to the fixed half and the moving half before I create the mold base. This is where all of the components are kept with regards to the cores, cavities, slides, and lifters. It seems to make it easier for me to keep track of things. I am still pretty new to design though so I may change my ways... I am open to suggestions.

Danny

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I Go Back Aways

Hi
    Started using Cimatron back with V7 IT....I still use V13 IT !!!!
    The company I work for didn't really show any interest in training for Elite.
    I'm finished with this trade at the end of the year, 30 years is enough.
    I'll still be poking around here and contributing when I can.
    Good Luck Lads it's getting rough out there.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi
    working on cimatron for a mold company , modeling electrodes and programing deckel maho machines .

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi I work for a small shop in southwest Michigan, we build die cast dies, plastic injection molds, and rubber molds. We currently have 2 mold design seats, and 3 NC seats of cimatron. I have been using Cimatron for 5 yrs. now, including Design, Electrode extraction, and the NC side of the system.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've been using Cimatron E for 5 years mostly for NC programming. It works well but like with everything there's always something that could be a little better.

I tried to go to the Cimatron Web forum that Phil and Dan used to keep up but couldn't find it. It's been a while. Does anyone know what happened with it? Did they quit doing it?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Still Running

Still running as far as I know

http://supportcti.com/support/forum/

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by miked7344 View Post
    I've been using Cimatron E for 5 years mostly for NC programming. It works well but like with everything there's always something that could be a little better.

I tried to go to the Cimatron Web forum that Phil and Dan used to keep up but couldn't find it. It's been a while. Does anyone know what happened with it? Did they quit doing it?
    It is still alive, but they don't keep up too well with it these days. When you post there it could take weeks before anyone is able to read it, they don't have time to moderate it that well. There is also a group on yahoo with several strong users as well, but like any group with yahoo it can be a little tougher to navigate than the forums here on cnczone.

Danny

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast