Need Help! GCode Generator for CNC 3018 Pro

Thread: GCode Generator for CNC 3018 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Default GCode Generator for CNC 3018 Pro

Hello,
    I have just acquired a little 2nd hand CNC 3018 Pro CNC/Engraving machine.
    Got it home, installed driver plus UGS Universal Gcode Sender and machine seems to work on all axis just fine.
    So now i need some hopefully freeware to generate gcode for this little machine from STL files I have created with Alibre Design.
    What i want to do mostly cutout Perspex/Wood sheet and maybe a little 3 axis surface machining on Perspex/Wood.
    Many thanks IMK

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: GCode Generator for CNC 3018 Pro

Fusion 360 is free for home use and should be able to read STI I do know it accepts STEP. Cambam is very cheap but limited and also has a very basic 3d capability..... well I think it does. Personally I would try Fusion

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by boydage View Post
    Fusion 360 is free for home use and should be able to read STI I do know it accepts STEP. Cambam is very cheap but limited and also has a very basic 3d capability..... well I think it does. Personally I would try Fusion

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Hello Boydage and many thanks for you reply.
    Fusion look nice and i think had the functionality that i need, but i don't like Autodesk as is one of these organizations you have to Marry to use their products.
    Oh signin here signin there, want you inside leg measurements, obviously an organization run by megalomaniacs with dilutions of grandeur. It's a bit of software get a grip Autodesk.

I think Cambam looks about the level of function i need for what I want to do, many thanks for suggesting it.
    Thanks again imk

Downloads
    Uploads

Freecad has an ever improving Path workbench and you can design with the software too.Its free and always will be.Take a look at the youtube videos by sliptonic to get an idea.

Downloads
    Uploads

Routalot,
    Many thanks for the FreeCad, have viewed several videos and looks like it does what i need.
    Many thanks imk