5 Axis calibration in CAM or MACH3?

Thread: 5 Axis calibration in CAM or MACH3?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 5 Axis calibration in CAM or MACH3?

Hello community,

A simple question drives me crazy. Need to upgrade to 5 axis and planning to buy a cheep chinese A-B-axis (https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32827...B&gclsrc=aw.ds)

My problem: 5 axis milling will work only, if the geometry of the 5 axis are known. But where do I enter the geometry?

Or do you place the coordinate origin in the CAM at the intersection of the two rotational axis and assuming that the A axis is by default aligned with the x-axis?

Thankful for helping me out!

PS: I am familiar with Solidworks; for CAM I use Fusion360 and my Optimum BF30 is controlled by mach3. Upgrade to Ethernet smooth stepper planed for 5 axis; and it is more for drilling and not milling, so I do not need a stiff rotation axis for the moment.