Build Thread Best cam software for lathe only

Thread: Best cam software for lathe only

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Best cam software for lathe only

I know everyone is going to have their opinions here, but I am trying to find a cam software that really shines on lathe applications.
    We us MasterCam for mills, which runs well, but their lathe application is sorely lacking. We worked with them for custom posts for a while and finally just gave up on them.
    It seems to me that 2 and 3 axis lathe should be a standard post, with some changes for m codes, etc. When we did run MasterCam programs, they generally ran about 15% longer than if we just g-coded them.
    They also had a lot of extra b.s. moves and were hard for the machinist to follow and make changes.
    I recall seeing a program running on a lathe at IMTS a few years back and asked the guy if he wrote it by hand as it looked like he had, but he had not.
    I don't recall what software he was running though.
    Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks