Need Help! Macros and toolchange. Need help please with offsets. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Macros and toolchange. Need help please with offsets.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Macros and toolchange. Need help please with offsets.

Hey so this is a good representation of what I am doing presently. I actually didnt end up using this operation as the first time I tried it, the facing op went well, then the first tool change was fine until the second part that I stopped it from crashing.

As mentioned I am going to install the macros that Gerry has posted and look forward to trying this type of operation out. I do have a smart vice where I can just set all the parts up on that to a maximum of 4pcs but do really like using multiple WCS(s). I have just arrived home to a consignment that's arrived with some parts. I am replacing the ball-screws on my gantry from 16mm to 25mm. And have built a serious and way over the top series of gussets to strengthen strengthen strengthen.

Anyways. Attached is the code where it all went wrong. I ended up machining these parts with one wcs in the middle. Hey so I tried uploading the NC file and am unable too. And the code is too long to paste here. I have pasted it into a word doc - how else would I do it, seems incorrect. Darn it wont let me upload a word docx or now it says too large. I have zipped it up let me know if it comes through - lots of code in there. Regards B

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by boydage View Post
    Hey so this is a good representation of what I am doing presently. I actually didnt end up using this operation as the first time I tried it, the facing op went well, then the first tool change was fine until the second part that I stopped it from crashing.

As mentioned I am going to install the macros that Gerry has posted and look forward to trying this type of operation out. I do have a smart vice where I can just set all the parts up on that to a maximum of 4pcs but do really like using multiple WCS(s). I have just arrived home to a consignment that's arrived with some parts. I am replacing the ball-screws on my gantry from 16mm to 25mm. And have built a serious and way over the top series of gussets to strengthen strengthen strengthen.

Anyways. Attached is the code where it all went wrong. I ended up machining these parts with one wcs in the middle. Hey so I tried uploading the NC file and am unable too. And the code is too long to paste here. I have pasted it into a word doc - how else would I do it, seems incorrect. Darn it wont let me upload a word docx or now it says too large. I have zipped it up let me know if it comes through - lots of code in there. Regards B
    You just need to copy and paste the areas where the problems are, you can save it in note pad as txt or in MSWord as txt a G-code file is just a txt file

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey boydage,

Been too busy to get into this. Looking at your zipped file and its 268k size. Wow... what is that unzipped? That's what I mean about code spit out by so many post processors. Sooo much extra stuff gets, well, stuffed in. All the programs I've written and parts I've made in the last year probably don't add up to 268k. Granted I do very little 3D contouring, but I do make some pretty complicated parts and write dozens and dozens of programs each year.

I'm super reluctant to download files off an internet forum. Especially one that big. All I was interested in seeing was the moves right before and right after tool changes and offset changes. Because of the style of your machine and the way it does tool changes, both of which I know nearly nothing about, I may not have been able to make heads or tails of it anyway.

Seems like what ger21 has for you is going to clear the path for you. You get into a full size machine tool with an industrial controller, I may be of more help in some way. I'm finding that our two theaters of operation are very different, even as so much of them are the same.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi. Understood. Definitely no coden in there that would damage a pc. Its actually 4 seperate parts, with operations on 4 sides of each part. Lots and lots of curves and holes. All in one file. The adaptive op that fusion generates is excellent but a large amount of code.

I did have to compress it from something like just over 500kb being the limit.

But all good, I am yet to try Gerrys macros out I am away from home again working. Rgds

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12