Need Help! Machine will cut out circles fine but goes crazy cutting pockets

Thread: Machine will cut out circles fine but goes crazy cutting pockets

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Machine will cut out circles fine but goes crazy cutting pockets

I have a china zone cnc 6090. I am using easel free to design and usb cnc controller to run the machine. I designed a board with multiple pocket shapes to cut 1/2” into the board. Shown is the tool path which looks fine. It starts with the square which cuts perfectly. Once it switches over to cut the circle it starts going haywire. It moves very erratically moving along one of the axis cutting a curly q like pattern. It’s like it cannot control both axis at the same time. I tried a different file with the same shapes in a different pattern. It cut the square and diamond fine. But once it went to the star. It did the same thing. I tried a pattern cutting out circles instead of pocket circles. It cut perfectly. What could the problem be. One thing I noticed is as it cuts the square its very smooth and precise and steady. When it goes to the curcle or star it appears to speed up the feed rate.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Machine will cut out circles fine but goes crazy cutting pockets

Quote Originally Posted by Loveofthegrainworkshop View Post
    I have a china zone cnc 6090. I am using easel free to design and usb cnc controller to run the machine. I designed a board with multiple pocket shapes to cut 1/2” into the board. Shown is the tool path which looks fine. It starts with the square which cuts perfectly. Once it switches over to cut the circle it starts going haywire. It moves very erratically moving along one of the axis cutting a curly q like pattern. It’s like it cannot control both axis at the same time. I tried a different file with the same shapes in a different pattern. It cut the square and diamond fine. But once it went to the star. It did the same thing. I tried a pattern cutting out circles instead of pocket circles. It cut perfectly. What could the problem be. One thing I noticed is as it cuts the square its very smooth and precise and steady. When it goes to the curcle or star it appears to speed up the feed rate.
    Need to post your program Just past it in a reply

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

First photo is the tool path in usb cnc controller software. And the second is the path it actually took

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Machine will cut out circles fine but goes crazy cutting pockets-82fe1763-418a-471b-9e6c-51f539505c8d-jpeg   Machine will cut out circles fine but goes crazy cutting pockets-0d7a1acb-dc33-411f-b6a0-57d37bf9b7f1-jpeg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Need to post your program Just past it in a reply
    The design program is Easel & the software for running the machine is “USB CNC Controller”

Downloads
    Uploads

Does the tool movement look normal when you are "cutting air" instead of wood ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Zorbit View Post
    Does the tool movement look normal when you are "cutting air" instead of wood ?
    No it doesn’t. I paused the operation, went into usb cnc control software tried to change the feed rate. For whatever reason it didn’t change. And then the machine seemed to slow down and gain control. It’s really weird. It’s like when it gets to curves and circles it gets fast and go nuts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Almost might be a hardware problem no? Like anything using lots of processor power or just plain power is causing issues? The straight easy stuff on one axis is no problem but load the machine up and it hurts it too much. Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk