Amateur needs help

Thread: Amateur needs help

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Amateur needs help

Ok...I’m JUST a hobbyist but need help. I have a small 6040 and have been having problems with my Z axis depth. Seems like it gets deeper in the center of the project and very shallow on the outside where it barely touches. I use MACH3 and Carbide Create. I know Carbide isn’t really compatible with my CNC but it was crazy easy to use for a newbie. Any thoughts what it could be to help me troubleshoot?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Amateur needs help-9e91b38e-553e-4102-a983-bf774a764fa2-jpeg   Amateur needs help-cab89f54-c78e-4634-9d84-35ce76e48c43-jpeg   Amateur needs help-cb324e6c-753d-4617-814c-42ac4f52b91c-jpeg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Amateur needs help

It sounds like your bed may be high in the centre.
    They are not known for having ridgid beds, made from thin Ali extrusion....

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Amateur needs help

Quote Originally Posted by Sterob View Post
    It sounds like your bed may be high in the centre.
    They are not known for having ridgid beds, made from thin Ali extrusion....
    I would agree that the tool and the bed are not quite parallel.An easy fix is to add an MDF spoilboard and skim the entire surface on which you can then place your job.If its just to establish the truth it might be faster to use a partial spoilboard as it takes a fair amount of time to flatten a spoilboard and might only be justified if there really is a problem.Run a test on the newly flattened surface and if the problem persists you might have tracks that dip rather than a table with a bulge.