Conversational CAM

Thread: Conversational CAM

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Conversational CAM

I recently started hearing about conversational CAM / g-code programming. It seems to be a fabulous concept.
    I have found a few softwares which I am putting down here.
    It would be interesting to hear from the forum users here about their experiences and also if they can add softwares they know to this list.
    It could be paid or free software. I hope the list would benefit other users

From what I hear recently it seems that all major cnc manufacturers have their own "conversational programming laguage", But I guess I'm looking at more of a generic conversational programming that won't be tied to manufacturers hardware.

ECam
    CNCL - on microsoft store - by hfjbuis
    KipwareM

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Conversational CAM

I think that it is great way, if you have many CNC code in one cnc machine and need make conversion to other machine. Ale for some simple machining, something like "shop programming" . Im writing similar softwares for a customers for a different drive controls. But if you need some good 3d toolpath or some more then offer these softwares you have to use Cam software.

My simple program for conversion between Acramatic to Fanuc controller.

Postprocessors, VBA macros, .NET programming.
    www.ccsoftcz.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Conversational CAM

Quote Originally Posted by Maroslav4 View Post
    I think that it is great way, if you have many CNC code in one cnc machine and need make conversion to other machine. Ale for some simple machining, something like "shop programming" . Im writing similar softwares for a customers for a different drive controls. But if you need some good 3d toolpath or some more then offer these softwares you have to use Cam software.

My simple program for conversion between Acramatic to Fanuc controller.

Ok that sound's great, apart from the few softwares that I mentioned in my post, are you aware of other conversational programming softwares that are available for grbl based controlled or other hobby controllers?