Build Thread Working on a custom software program to generate tool paths from graphics.

Thread: Working on a custom software program to generate tool paths from graphics.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Working on a custom software program to generate tool paths from graphics.

Hi All,

I am working on a custom software program to create tool paths from pictures. The other programs out there that do the same type of tool paths do not address the issues I have with them.

It has an interactive 3D tool path viewer.

Rotate, Mirror, Resize and Invert the image.
    A picture blur filter to smooth the tool path.

The ability to skip line in either the X or Y axis lowering the g-code lines and could be used as a roughing tool path.

Filter out the every duplicate vector move resulting in a lower number of g-code lines.

Z Level filtering to remove top and/or bottom layers of a point cloud.

It is a start. Lets see what type of response there is from the CNC community for this program.

Option to have Point Cloud to STL output???

I would like to make it a low cost commercial software.

Thank you,
    Wayne

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Working on a custom software program to generate tool paths from graphics.-software1-jpg   Working on a custom software program to generate tool paths from graphics.-software2-jpg  
    Wayne Hill

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Re: Working on a custom software program to generate tool paths from graphics.

Here is the proof of concept for the faster roughing routine. It cut this 4X6 inch profile in 22 minutes on the first go round. Hoping to improve the quality of the tool path by using a different routine.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Working on a custom software program to generate tool paths from graphics.-proof-concept-jpg  
    Wayne Hill

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Working on a custom software program to generate tool paths from graphics.

There's already software that can do this,,, The G code is read so fast who cares how long it is? You can't read it anyway.. Sorry, but I think youre beating a dead horse..

Have you heard of Vectric Aspire?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Working on a custom software program to generate tool paths from graphics.

I think it`s a good start , me too I also develop and create my own custom software and plug-ins on the CNC to avoid spending a lot of money on the software alone

Downloads
    Uploads

I have Vectric Aspire 9.0. It does not do everything. My program can skip pixels in either X or Y to create faster 3D profile programs. Time is money. It can cut with the wood grain in one direction for delicate tall thin profiles that can easily break if cutting back and forth with and against the grain.

It is another tool for my toolbox. It is a contender for those looking for an edge in this competitive world.

Wayne Hill

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Re: Working on a custom software program to generate tool paths from graphics.

Yes. Software can be expensive. Especially high end CAD/CAM software.

Wayne Hill

Downloads
    Uploads

Red face Re: Working on a custom software program to generate tool paths from graphics.

My program has come a long way. It has been changed to include a laser highlighting routine.

Attached is the latest version update pictures. Much better than the old Microcarve program I use to run.

Here are the toolpaths for the engraving and the laser high lighting.. Cool stuff if I say so myself.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Working on a custom software program to generate tool paths from graphics.-celtictreeprocessgcode-jpg   Working on a custom software program to generate tool paths from graphics.-20190722_132715-jpg  
    Wayne Hill