Avoid Regions, can't go over it, must go around it

Thread: Avoid Regions, can't go over it, must go around it

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Avoid Regions, can't go over it, must go around it

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to create gcode which can avoid passing the toolhead over defined regions. I have so far been successful at defining avoid regions in RhinoCAM, however it would appear RhinoCAM just increases the clearance height to ensure no collisions. Note, I posted this in uncategorised CAM since I am not necessarily tied to RhinoCAM.

My gantry clearance is greater than my tool clearance meaning I could successfully achieve what I want to providing I can create gcode that navigates around obstacles rather then going over them.

The image below illustrates my issue, I want to be able to complete the two "draw here"s without crashing into the middle protrusion. Tool clearance means it is not possible to pass over the top of the obstacle.

Any clues, tips or words of wisdom welcome.

Thanks for looking!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Avoid Regions, can't go over it, must go around it-plotter-illustration-avoid-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Avoid Regions, can't go over it, must go around it

Just incase anyone finds this thread and is looking to do the same thing, I have managed to (sort of) achieve what I set out to. The way I have done this is by generating two separate pieces of gcode with the same origin. When I had these two pieces of gcode I then stitched them together with a piece of gcode that defines a safe path between the two drawings. Here is a gif to show the result: https://i.imgur.com/Ff1vbOh.gifv