Safe Z

Thread: Safe Z

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Safe Z

When I set the bit on origo it doesn't rise before it travels to the starting point - just draging on the surface. Is there any setting for this in Mach 3? I had a X-carve where it rised to safety height with exactly the same CAD/CAM. Or is it something I should adjust in the CAM (I'm using Fusion 360)?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Safe Z

Mach3 will only do what the g-code tells it to do, so you need to have Fusion 360 add the commands to lift it.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

I suspected that. But why did it rise when I ran same files on my X-carve? It uses an web based application (Easel) where you load the G-code - is it possible they have made an idiot safe tweak for this in the application?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dynaflux View Post
    I had a X-carve where it rised to safety height with exactly the same CAD/CAM. ..... (I'm using Fusion 360)?
    Quote Originally Posted by dynaflux View Post
    ...But why did it rise when I ran same files on my X-carve? It uses an web based application (Easel) where you load the G-code -

From the sounds of this, you are using Easel for the X-carve, and Fusion for the other machine? So they aren't using exactly the same CAD/CAM? I'm not familiar with "Origo" machines, but I don't see a post processor listed for anything like that in Fusion. Which post processor are you using?

Juan

Downloads
    Uploads

I designed in Fusion 360 and imported G-code to Easel. For my new Omio machine i design in Fusion 360 (even same files as on the X-carve) and run G-code from Mach3.

"Origo".... this is a term in my native language - I recooned it would be the same in all languages, maybe not. It is simply where you set the bit to zero on the stock. The point in Fusion 360 where X, Y and Z arrows converges from.

I use the post processor "CNC Router Parts (Mach3Mill)" in Fusion 360.