GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes - Page 33

Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2330313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes

Default Re: GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes

Thanks, I've already downloaded and put the program to work. Splines are handled if dxfs are saved from AutoCAD®2000 onwards.
    If export is used AutoCAD® 14 files or earlier are not read. I say this for the use of those like me who work with Alibre Design who can export the different editions of the Dxfs.
    Do I here other reports regarding the alpha test or do you have a dedicated mail?

Downloads
    Uploads

Feel free to report here if something doesn't work or you have suggestions for improvement.
    But I also just sent you a PM with my email address.

Free program download at www.GrblGru.com

Hi, unfortunately I had private messages disabled and I didn't receive your email, could you resend it again?

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry, but it is still not possible. Please check your settings again.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GrblGru View Post
    @antidesco
    Thank you, it's always nice to get a positive feedback.

@Cator
    in the 3D view you can select an STL object with CTRL left mouse button. The STL is then displayed in a box.
    After that you can open the 3D context menu with CTRL right mouse button.
    To deselect the STL you have to click with CTRL left mouse button somewhere outside.

@jacksin
    Thanks for the GrblHAL settings. I'm currently working on restructuring the milling program and so unfortunately haven't gotten around to trying out the backlash compensation yet.But I have a lot of interest in it myself.
    I am glad to see that the Y-axis works again. Unfortunately I can't say anything about the parameters $73, $74 and $75.
    I do not describe them. However, in the initialization I perform a soft reset ($RST), but in my opinion it is necessary.
    I assume that this resets the parameters. Please try if you can clear the parameters in terminal mode with %RST.
    If so, we will find a solution.

Thanks for your reply, the problem on the wifi setting was fixed by connecting a serial setting software to check and send the missing data for $74 and $75 temporary. But now I find a new problem on G3 r value setting cannot function when I made a nc file from another cam program. I attached the nc file, please check it.GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-pic4-jpg

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool GRBLGRU INCH G CODE AND G02/G03

Hello, I'm new here. My question:
    1, Is it possible to output Inch G code with GRBLGRU?
    2, Can GRBLGRU output G02 and G03 ?

Thank you

Regards
    Mel R

Downloads
    Uploads

Unfortunately, I have not yet implemented arc programming with radius specification in my interpreter.
    So far I have always postponed this because until now there was no need. But now it is on the list again.
    But this concerns only the graphics. If your controller can handle the command, you can run the program without problems.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: GRBLGRU INCH G CODE AND G02/G03

To 1.
    The GCode calculated by GrblGru in the automatic mode is always generated in metric format. However, with the macros you can also program GCode in imperial format. I don't know your use case, but maybe the macros can help you with that.
    Have a look at the video below.

Re 2.
    GrblGru can also generate G2/G3 commands. However, this is only done in individual cases, because with projections or when using 4/5 axis, circles quickly become ellipses, which can no longer be mapped in this way. Today, current controllers can also quickly process polygonal traverses.
    Here again the reference to the macros. Of course you can use G2/G3 command.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you. This helps. I can convert G code text from metric to inches after posting out but needed to ask if it could output directly.

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Re: GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes

Quote Originally Posted by jacksin View Post
    Thanks for your reply, the problem on the wifi setting was fixed by connecting a serial setting software to check and send the missing data for $74 and $75 temporary. But now I find a new problem on G3 r value setting cannot function when I made a nc file from another cam program. I attached the nc file, please check it.GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-pic4-jpg
    Thanks again, it's good for your attention to the lathe function again and would you please consider to mark in list on 1st priority for the grblhal $160?$161 and $162 Backlash compensation to make them active in your grblgru program. Look forwards your new version for lathe cam.

Downloads
    Uploads

Wouldn't a G20 or G21 in the program header deal with this?

Downloads
    Uploads

If your controller understands the commands this will of course work. But I assumed that melrod has a controller that can't do that.

Hi. I have a request for lathe. When changeing the coordinates in the curent position field, its only appyed when you click somewhere else. Maybe add option to confir with Enter/Return key.

Is there a way to resset position or change to a custom possition without machine movieng. For instance the X is off bby 1mm and you whant to fix the position. X axis is usualy my problem because of diferent tool position. The workaround for now is that I unplug the motors and they only move in program and i than turn the power back on. And maybe add a list with diferent moves like 1mm, 0,1mm 0,01mm... I know i can use the keybord to slow the movement.

I have noticed on my laptop that the manual movement with keyboard when i move with AltGr the movement stops. I need to press the Stop button to enable the movement again.

Thx for your effors and time you invest.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Everyone

This is my first post, so I'll start by thanking GrblGru for a great program!!
    I have a question that I cannot find help for in the documentation or forum.

When setting up a Job for a mill (CNC3018 on GrblGru v5.1.0), I'm trying to set:
    - Depth Increment : 0.1 mm
    - Sum of Increments : 4.0 mm
    But then I get a warning "Single depth too small" which blocks the Job from running.

If I reduce the Sum of Increments to 2.0 mm, then the warning disappears even though the Depth of Increment is the same.
    So there seems to be a limit of the Sum of Increments not allowed to be more than 20x the Depth of Increment.

Is there a way I can change this?

Ideally I would like to set the Depth of Increment to 0.1 mm or even 0.05 mm, and the Sum of Increments to 4.0 mm or larger.

Any help would be highly appreciated, thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads

The sense of the message is only to point out that the 'Depth Increment' is unusually small
    or the 'Sum of Increments' is unusually large. But it should only be a warning and not block the program start.
    I just uploaded a new beta version V5.1.5 where the error should be corrected.

Thanks for your feedback

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Grblgru turning toolpath

Hi!I have a small diy lathe and i need a software that can create grbl code from stl or dxf files.I had found Grblgru software that have also a special version for lathe.

I have tried the lathe version v1.0.0 and normal version (milling) v5.0.0. but so far i had no luck with creating the desire toolpaths.I had followed the steps from the instruction manual as good as i can but i was only able to create a rough toolpath and NO finish toolpaths.In the instruction manual said the the geometry should turn red if it was selected but it was no color change in my case.Also i had notice that on some youtube videos some older version of Grblgru have more options than the one that i had tried.

When i was able to create the roughing toolpath the geometry (dxf or svg file) was not changing color.
    I had tried several settings for indent left/right but is only making changes on rough toolpath not on finish toolpath.
    I had also tried to make the job right from 3d model with right click and ctrl buttons but i had same results.

I had uninstalled and reinstalled both programs several times with no change.

What i am missing here guys?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-finish-toolpaths-2-jpg   GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-finish-toolpaths-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

I have been working on the program for a while now and have tried out a lot and hopefully improved it.
    So it can be that you have read an older description, which does not fit now to the newest state.

I therefore suggest the following approach:

- Download the latest Lathe beta version V1.1.
    - Start GrblGru
    - Search with the explorer in the folder C:\ProgramData\toe\grblgru_lathe_v1.1.0\ExampleDat a\DXF the file "ChessKing.dxf".
    - Click this file with the left mouse button and drop it with drag&drop into the graph window of GrblGru.

That is it.
    The file is loaded and the template #Autostart is activated. The finish pass
    is simply switched on/off by the 'Active' switch.

Load this file into your DXF editor and have a close look at the drawing.
    Only one half is drawn. The centerline may not be drawn as in your DXF.

Wish you much success.

GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-image-002-jpg

GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-image-003-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-image-003-jpg   GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-image-002-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi!Thank you for your reply!

Now i can import dxf with no problems.I saw that the way that i create my own dxf was the issue.I have test it now and is ok .

I have another question for you.When i run the g code from Grblgru to UGS software i had notice that the X zero point is on the edge of the stock .On a cnc lathe typically the X zero point is on the center of the diameter of the part.

For example if i have a round stock with the diameter of 100 mm then the X0 should be at 50mm from the edge of the stock.

Is there any settings that i can use in Grblgru to have this option ?

I had attach a screenshot for better understanding of what i want to achive.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-x-zero-position-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

In the menu under Extras \ Postprocessor you will find a dialog, with the help of which you can change the GCode afterwards.
    Please check if one of the two marked functions can help you.

May I ask why you transfer the GCode with UGS to the controller ? You could also do that with GrblGru.

GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-image-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-image-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi!I am using UGS to send g-code to arduino because it easy to calibrate the stepper motors and limit switches and because i found it before Grblgru

I had notice that the lathe cutter in the simulation is not following the finish toolpath precisely and i was wondering if is just a graphic issue or is it how it will look in reality.

Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2330313233343536 ... LastLast