GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes - Page 28

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1825262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes

Yes, you are right. At the moment there is no superordinate tool type that fits the "wood ruff cutter 6mm".
    In the next version I will create a new tool type "Fly_Cutter" and store a picture for it.
    You can help yourself now by copying the file "wood ruff cutter 6mm.jpg" and naming the copy like your new tool is called.
    If there is an image with exactly the same name as the tool, this image will be output.
    Otherwise the image of the tool type will be displayed. See video below

To clean up your spoil board, I recommend that you simply create an appropriately sized rectangle with the 2D templates and then a "pocket spiral" job.
    You can set the overlap with the "StepOver" parameter. But please note that your tool must be able to dip vertically! See pic below

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-image-1-jpg  
    Free program download at www.GrblGru.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi grblgru,
    After test the probe align corner, I have the Message #probingerror.
    I dont understand why because the sequence is correct (movements, speeds, contacts,...). The 4 touch steps are correctly execute.
    in attach pictures
    Do you have an idea ?
    Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-img_20220327_181031-jpg   GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-img_20220327_181043-jpg   GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-img_20220327_181053-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

The message #ProbingError is displayed if the number of measuring points does not correspond to the expected number.
    In your case, 4 measured values must be received. Please check once whether the points are approached and the tool then moves back.

Also check that $6 is set correctly. $6 must be set according to the probe type. Here is the original GRBL description:
    $6 - Probe pin invert, boolean
    By default, the probe pin is held normally-high with the Arduino's internal pull-up resistor. When the probe pin is low, Grbl interprets this as triggered.
    For the opposite behavior, just invert the probe pin by typing $6=1. Disable with $6=0. You may need a power cycle to load the change.

Another possibility is that you are receiving disturbing pulses. Connect a capacitor of approx. 100 nF to the measuring input.

Please download the current version V4.7.5 again. The missing texts in your screenshot indicate that you do not have the latest version.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello dear,
    thank you for this great software and for your helpful videos on Youtube.

i have a question, How to reduce the cutting time at arcs?, i tried to change the "accuracy circle and arcs" from default value of 0.02 to 0.1 but nothing changes and the points still as same also the total time still the same no matter the value i change of the circle accuracy > any help ?

attached image of the settings >>>
    https://ibb.co/cJ5psbr

Downloads
    Uploads

Unfortunately, I am also not satisfied with the processing of paths that consist of many points. However, this is a matter for the controller, e.g. GRBL.
    The hardware is no longer the fastest.

I have also tried to change the number of points, but if you have too few points, it always stops and speeds up again.
    Besides, you don't get an arc but a polygon with corners.
    To clear out a pocket, I have built in extra circle functions G2 / G3 in the "Spiral" job method. This is processed more quickly. But it is very time-consuming to programme and only works with real arcs. Ellipses or projections are not possible.

I expect that a faster board will be available soon and that the problems can be solved with it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GrblGru View Post
    Unfortunately, I am also not satisfied with the processing of paths that consist of many points. However, this is a matter for the controller, e.g. GRBL.
    The hardware is no longer the fastest.

I have also tried to change the number of points, but if you have too few points, it always stops and speeds up again.
    Besides, you don't get an arc but a polygon with corners.
    To clear out a pocket, I have built in extra circle functions G2 / G3 in the "Spiral" job method. This is processed more quickly. But it is very time-consuming to programme and only works with real arcs. Ellipses or projections are not possible.

I expect that a faster board will be available soon and that the problems can be solved with it.
    Thanks dear for your quick response,

Concerning changing the number of points, i think it is not working in the simulation mode as tried to change the option "Accuracy circle and arcs" in settings but it did not change anything at all, could you have a look at it.

for my little understanding if this parameters was for example 0.02 and it gives a 40 points on the arc
    so it is supposed when i change it to 0.04 to give a 20 points on the arc
    and when i change it to 0.08 it should give 10 points on the arc and so as in the next image

https://ibb.co/6r2724b

but currently when i change it, the number of points on arc still the same, is it working correct or iam missing some thing ?

also could you please tell the difference between these options in settings "poly line simplification -- accuracy circle and arcs -- snap value" as i am a little confused, i kept changing them but i notice no deference.

thank you

Downloads
    Uploads

"poly line simplification" and "accuracy".
    At the moment, unfortunately, different values are still used in some places.
    The basic idea, however, is that you want as few points as possible. However, the maximum deviation from the original curve must not be exceeded.

The "snap" value indicates the maximum distance between two lines that can be recognised as ONE line.

You are right. This is still very confusing. I definitely need to revise this.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I am interested in using GrblBru to automate an old copper metal spinning lathe. I really loved the GrblGru project, which inspired me to take up the project. Sorry for some wrong terminologies used, if any.
    I am interested in knowing, if we can create custom arc-like travel for the tool. The exact use-case requires "Shear Spinning", where the copper plate needs to be deformed with different thickness around the object.
    Happy to share more details about the problem statement and share progress on the project too.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry for the late reply, but I was on holiday and only got around to answering you now.

And of course I'm interested in the topic. However, I have never heard of it before and would therefore be pleased if you could explain more details to me.
    A photo of the machine would also be very helpful.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi there,

I wanted to use this program to slice an STL file into multiple layers, and your program was the best fit that I could find for what I wanted. However, when using the program I have found that most of the tools that are shown in the documentation and in your video tutorials are not present. Is this an error on my end or with my computer, or has the software changed since those guides were made? I've attracted screenshots of what I thought I would see and of what I actually see on my system. Would you find telling me what I have done wrong or what I have to change on my setup?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-grblgru_yaynufepov-jpg   GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-chrome_uk0pratsje-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

You are right, of course. A lot has changed over time. I am constantly working on the programme and trying to improve it.
    Feedback from users and my own practical experience with the machine constantly flow into the further development.
    Since I work alone on the programme, I must ask for your understanding that I unfortunately do not manage to keep the documentation up to date.
    Please contact me if you have any questions. I will be happy to answer them.

In your specific example, I tried to tidy up the menu.
    This has moved the 2D editor button to the right mouse button context menu.
    Click with the left mouse button on a path (marked yellow) and press the right mouse button.
    A menu appears in which you will find, among other things, the item "Geometry Editor".
    Please also have a look at the item "Graphic Editor". Here you can also position and scale your paths.

The principle behind this can be found everywhere in the programme.
    1. first select any object (e.g. a path, an STL, a layer, a job, etc.).
    2. then press the right mouse button and a menu appears in which you can select what can be done with the selected object.

To access the slicer, you must first select the STL with CTRL plus the left mouse button.
    This will mark the STL with a box of dashed lines.
    Again, after a right mouse click, a context menu appears in which you will find the slicer.

To return to the 'normal' mode, click with CTRL plus the left mouse button into 'somewhere'.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello all,

I would like to present you again a little program extension in the new version V4.8, which I found very practical.
    It is the possibility to create simple PCB layouts.

Sure, there are already several very good programs that do this, and some of them are even free.
    But if you only want to create a small board for a power supply or an Arduino interface from time to time, the effort to learn these programs is quite deterrent.
    For me personally there is also the fact that I have forgotten the laboriously learned after a few months with the next board again.
    So I had the idea to create the layout with tools I use all the time, in this case any DXF editor.
    The layout created with GrblGru can also be saved as DXF and loaded into any other program.
    By the way, the small circuit is an automatic follow-up control for an exhaust. I would like to report about this in detail soon.

In the short video all necessary actions are shown step by step.

Have fun with GrblGru

Downloads
    Uploads

You always surprise me with your creativity and productivity!

Best Regards,

Dimitrios

Hi,

I have noticed that the Gcode is not displayed correctly when opened. But when i run it, it runs correctly. The problem is with arcs I think.

Am running on GRBL lathe.

Have added the images and gcode to see the problem.

Thank you.
    D

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-tool-path-jpg   GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-nc-path-jpg   GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-nc-tool-path-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Have found the problem. Its my Gcode.
    My gcode doesn't have correct decimals like X5.000 but only X5.
    Arduino reads it normally bt GrblBru didnt and showed wrong lines. Will have to fix my postprocessor for Gcode.

THX for sharing your software.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What happened to the controller icons at the bottom of the screen?

Sorry for the late response. I am just back from vacation. But you have already found a solution yourself.
    In any case, I will still change the program in the next version so that your GCode is accepted.
    Thanks for your feedback.

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy GRBLGRU 4.8 5axis Where do I go wrong

I am fideling a bit around with GRBLGRU 4.8. I am interested in the 5axis machines. So I loaded a minion, made a job with a zig-zag finish. Looks fine. But when it came to simulating it moved only three axis (x, y, z) and it cutted my poor minion in to little pieces, which the poor creature did not deserve.
    Where am I going wrong? (probably something very silly).

Thnx in advance
    With regardz, CatweazleMagic

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-grblgru-5axis-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

No, you're certainly not doing anything wrong. I'm sorry to disappoint you.
    I still haven't managed to get the 3D milling working error-free.
    It is on the top of the list but due to lack of time I do not get to it at the moment.

Downloads
    Uploads

Howdy!
    Can somebody please help me with a model for Sherline 4100 Lathe?
    Thank you!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Surfacing tool and wrong picture

Hello all

I am happy to present you today a new controller system in GrblGru.

GrblHAL is a further development of the original GRBL.
    The special feature is a separation of the actual program from the hardware.
    This allows an easier porting also on 32-bit hardware platforms.
    The developer Terje Io has furthermore created a really impressive complete system around GrblHAL,
    that e.g. also provides a parameter controlled web download of the current bin file.

GrblHAL offers a number of interesting features for the mill, such as a tool change system or the use of cubic splines.
    But also for the lathe there are extensions like a backlash compensation or the radius mode.
    Here is the link to more detailed information: https://github.com/grblHAL/core/wiki.

I have now implemented the corresponding interface, so that you can run first tests with GrblGru.
    In this context I would like to point out the possibility of the extended macro creation.
    With it all new G- and M-codes can be tried out now.

On hardware I was able to put a 32-bit Arduino DUE into operation.
    The short video shows the necessary steps from downloading the bin file to flashing and then starting it in GrblGru.

Have fun with it

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1825262728293031 ... LastLast