GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes - Page 25

Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 152223242526272835 ... LastLast

Thread: GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes

Great grblgru?there is no open source like grbl? In order for everyone to share the language translation, how to upload the translation file?

Downloads
    Uploads

@drumsticksplint
    that sounds like an interesting project.
    At the moment I can't read any inputs on the controller via the USB interface. But I just sent a request to Gauthier Brière, the developer of Mega-5X, to see if this is possible in the future. Another possibility would be to use a second USB interface and another Mega or Uno with a small program to send the input status. However, I would like to wait for Gauthier's answer first.

@kmimax
    yes, GrblGru is not open source code. But if you have a new translation of a language, I will of course be happy and include it in the next version.
    You can simply attach the language file to your post here in the forum.

Free program download at www.GrblGru.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GrblGru View Post
    @drumsticksplint
    that sounds like an interesting project.
    At the moment I can't read any inputs on the controller via the USB interface. But I just sent a request to Gauthier Brière, the developer of Mega-5X, to see if this is possible in the future. Another possibility would be to use a second USB interface and another Mega or Uno with a small program to send the input status. However, I would like to wait for Gauthier's answer first.

@kmimax
    yes, GrblGru is not open source code. But if you have a new translation of a language, I will of course be happy and include it in the next version.
    You can simply attach the language file to your post here in the forum.
    Thanks for the prompt reply GrblGru! Much appreciated for you to consider how this might be implemented.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi @Grblgru, I am really impressed with your software and accomplishments so far in its development.

I am seeking some guidance as I try to add 4 Axis+ SCARA robot to the machine setup... I am having some success, but only limited to Z A and B axis, I am unbale to add further axis. Also, there is a problem with the kinematics in my settings when i try to toolpath the Elch, it is skewed. It would be great to get some help in setting up this machine.
    I have STL's to help explain...
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

@drumsticksplint
    Good news. Gauthier Brière thinks the changes are possible. He plans them for the end of this quarter.

@PaulKT
    I'm happy to help you, of course.
    It may be necessary to set up a new machine type. If you provide me with the STLs here, I will try to make a model out of them.

Downloads
    Uploads

Would be great if you could create a machine profile for this, i have had limited success with machine type Tarsis, but unable to get the Gripper axis to connect and then rotate. The gripper fingers themselves could be difficult and not a priority for me in this machine profile (i will use separate servo signal to open and close).

much appreciated
    PaulKT

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

@drumsticksplint
    Good news. Gauthier Brière thinks the changes are possible. He plans them for the end of this quarter.

@PaulKT
    I'm happy to help you, of course.
    It may be necessary to set up a new machine type. If you provide me with the STLs here, I will try to make a model out of them.
    Really appreciate your help to setup this machine type. I have had limited success with TARSIS as i cannot connect the gripper axis(C). In the models ZIP, i believe teh gripper fingers could be tricky, these are not a priority as i can control separately.

Thank You

Downloads
    Uploads

@GrblGru, oh wow, that’s fantastic! Thank you for following this up and bringing good news! Very exciting, hopefully I can get the basic arm up and running in the meantime ????

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi @GrblGru, my response with Zip attachment is not appearing here. I could email it… pkturner25@googlemail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default What happened to the controller icons at the bottom of the screen?

I just got all of my controllers and machine connected and have been setting the parameters, and in the process seem to have lost the controller arrows on the screen. Any idea what I might have done wrong? Here is a picture of what I now see. Thanks for the help!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-wheres-controlssm-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

There is nothing wrong with that. You can open / close the group boxes with a double click of the left mouse button.
    So just double-click on the text "Actual WorkPosition" and the window will open again.
    Sorry, this is of course not a standard Windows function and therefore not generally known. But it is very useful, especially if you only have a small screen.
    Then you can simply hide boxes that you don't need.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi!

I will try 5 axis machine. I downloaded the last mega5x .zip file. Added arduino IDE. Compile and upload to arduino mega 2560 board. Nothing changed in "config.h" file. In terminal window:

"Grbl 1.2d ['$' for help]
    [MSG: '$H' | '$X' to unlock]"

Download the grblgru v4.5.0. Connect to the board (com6, grbl-mega-5x). Answer grbl ready @ COM6. I send the "$X" unlock command. Answer is "ok". Try jogging: G0 X10. --> ALARM: 2 [MSG: reset to continue]

Popup window: alarm: something has gone critically wrong. It's recommended to check the axes position.

I try the natural board without any shield, or any contacts. What's the problem?

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for the fast reply! I will try that. It is a wonderful program. Thank you for producing and maintaining it.

There is nothing wrong with that. You can open / close the group boxes with a double click of the left mouse button.
    So just double-click on the text "Actual WorkPosition" and the window will open again.
    Sorry, this is of course not a standard Windows function and therefore not generally known. But it is very useful, especially if you only have a small screen.
    Then you can simply hide boxes that you don't need.

Downloads
    Uploads

I found it! Default hard limits enabled:
    $21=1 (hard limits, bool)

disabled:
    $21=0 (hard limits, bool)

moving it works! Fine!

Downloads
    Uploads

Release notes V4.5.12

The currently available measuring methods were perhaps a bit tricky. I have finally got around to revising them again,
    and I hope to have put everything into a more user-friendly form. The new functions are available from version V4.5.12.
    It is possible to measure with a 3D probe as well as electrically via a touch plate.
    I will try to document the operation in 2-3 short videos.
    I would like to start today with probing a workpiece surface with a 3D probe to set the workpiece zero point.

Have fun with GrblGru

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice work and thanks for sharing it.

I saw you mentioned that GrblGru is not Open Source. However, as you are using Grbl which is licensed under GPLv3, you have to make your software Open Source as well.
    Hope you follow the license and publish your work as well, so everyone can benefit from it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you,
    but I have to disagree with you. I do not use any GRBL software in my application.
    GrblGru is a CAM program with 3D simulation. It calculates and visualises GCode according to DIN 66025 / ISO 6983, which is used by most professional controllers
    such as Simens Sinumeric, Fanuc, Haas etc. But of course also by GRBL, Mega-5X, TinyG and G2Core.

Anyway, I am also a friend of open source software and will think about whether it makes sense to make GrblGru open source one day.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is another short video documenting the new measurement functionality.
    This time it is about the alignment of the workpiece.

Have fun with GrblGru

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi GrblGru:

I have struggled with importing my CNC design into the machine manager. Here is what I have done (my files are attached so you can see what I have done):

1. Drawn the machine in Sketchup 2017 and exported the 4 elements: Base+.stl; x+.stl; y+.stl; z+.stl

2. Created a new machine in GrblGru and uploaded the files

3. Registered the Z axis in the reference Tool Position Xt,Yt,Zt and accepted the data

4. All of the elements (Base, X, Y, Z) are located correctly in Sketchup and aligned properly. I select the item (such as the X axis element) and export it as an STL in Sketchup. I do this for all of the 4 elements of the model.

The problem is when I import them into GrblGru. All of the items import into the program, but the X and Z are horribly aligned and not at all where I saved them in the model.

GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-grblgru-import-problem1-png

I have attached all the files to this post in case I am missing something. I have tried opening up a new window in Sketchup and importing the individual STL files into the drawing to see where they import to and how accurate it is. They all import properly and in the correct position. They all have more lines in them than the original drawing and appear slightly different, but are indeed in alignment with the model.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Or is there a numerical setting in the GrblGru program that aligns these elements together that I am missing?

Thank you for this wonderful program! I appreciate how many features it has for CAM and operating my machine. I am in the calibration and set up of the machine I have built from scratch and it is close to being able to really make something if I can get this figured out! I know how many hours making software requires. I am using the latest version that includes the zeroing features you have just released. Wonderful improvement!!

Mark in Murfreesboro TN

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi ?
    GrblGru can't add new languages now?

Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 152223242526272835 ... LastLast