GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes - Page 24

Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast

Thread: GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes

@garwalt
    Sorry, I didn't point it out specifically.
    Please download the latest beta version V4.2.25.
    I made the changes some time after V4.2.

@erdinc_eroglu
    wow, you have very nice machines and of course I'll be happy to add them to the program. However, you have to give me time to do that.
    Maybe you can also give me an email address ( maybe via PM) in case I still have questions about one or the other machine.

- Thanks for the new language file. I will update it in the next version.
    - Additional commands at the start and at the end of the program you can enter in the settings in the chapter "4th GCode".
    - I need more details about the problem with the robot arm.
    - What do you mean by "Encoders" ? I did not understand the question

Free program download at www.GrblGru.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks all working fine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your support.
    I forgot to add the language file in the previous message.
    I would be very happy if you could reach me at erdinceroglu@yekakalip.com.
    We will prepare a presentation for you next week about robot arm and encoders.
    The settings in the 4.gcode section gave very good results

Attached Files Attached Files

Did you think of some UI for the Software. I took a chance and put something together.

I like that you have the Lathe option to control the machine. Thank you for that.

I tried to do some UI in Windows Form and its hard to do since i dont have any programing skills.

Take care and thanks for all the work you have done.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-ui-grbl-gru-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi GrblGru,
    I new to cnc and learning your great software. I wonder if I am able to use the 4-axis to make a shape like this ?
    Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-2021-10-26-06_34_47-grblgru-v4-2-a  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

@setdesigner

Sorry to disappoint you. Unfortunately, this is not yet possible at the moment. I have already started for a long time to calculate GCode for the processing of 3D objects, but unfortunately I have very little time at the moment and progress is very slow. Some things work already. But it is not yet so far that I could give it to someone.
    But for me it is a very important topic and I will surely finish it as soon as possible.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi GrblGru,
    Thanks, that it what I figured, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on some features.
    Thanks again for this great software

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=GrblGru;2478872]@setdesigner
    @GrblGru
    I just discover your website and your software tha tllok great!

One point to clarify to me: The title said "3D simulation..." can it also use STL files and make the Gcode to run on CNC?
    I develop a 6 independent Axis controller board for CNC that can be combined (or not) such to create new CNC machines 4, 5 or 6 axis

Rgds

Downloads
    Uploads

I just discovered your program while looking for ideas to upgrade my software. If this is what I think it is, you are a God-send. I don't have the budget to buy a lot of software, and this will help me do what I am planning: some Christmas gifts for my children.

About 16 years ago I build my own 3 axis mill from some old parts and used KCAM 4 to drive it all. That software is no longer supported, and has gone away. While my copy is still working, I was looking for something to replace it and found yours. I simply want to import a DXF or STL file, set the depth and pass information (and hopefully the tool offsets will be calculated for me) and drive my machine. This appears to be what your program does.

I am still reading the thread and the manual, but have some hope I can resurrect my machine in a timely fashion. Thank you!

Hello, i really like your gcode sender. But i have switched from g2core to grblhal do you plan on supporting grblhals advanced features? I know it will still do the grbl1.1f basic control. but there are some advanced features IOsender and Bcnc have implemented for grblhal. I really appreciate your hard work and free software and would love to continue to use it and support it. thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Forgive me if this is posted and I have missed it, but as technology advances, perhaps the recommendations from a year or two ago are no longer relevant anyway, so here goes:

What is the current recommendation for the Arduino/driver board chain of equipment to connect my laptop running Grblgru to my 3 axis mill machine? In other words, what all do I need to go from Laptop to 3 axis mill... drivers, arduina, etc. I'd like the least expensive way to do it if possible I will replace the old KCAM4 I have been using and want to upgrade the driver boards and such that will eventually run my machine.

I'd like to make the purchases soon, so any place you can direct me to what to order (if it is posted and I missed it) would be greatly appreciated! Thanks to all.

Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

@Cncninja42

I am of course very interested in GrblGru being able to communicate with grbhal as well. However, I am unfortunately not up to date with grbhal.
    Can you maybe send me a link where I can get information about the advanced features ?

@MarkEMark

If you already have a machine with motors and drivers you don't need much. For a 3-axis control an Arduino UNO board for about 10 $ is sufficient as controller.
    The software for the controller GRBL is free and you can get it here:
    https://github.com/gnea/grbl/releases
    GrblGru is also free and you can download it here:
    https://www.grblgru.com/

I wish you good success

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for the reply. I ordered the Arduino.

I have begun to work with your wonderful program and my screen does not have all of the icons at the top like the videos, and I can see no place to add them in the set up of the program. I do not have the resizing icons that are in the moose tutorial so I do not know how to resize the moose! All I have are two small subsets of the icons at the top of the screen- one docked on the right side and one docked on the left. Neither is the full set I see in videos or tutorials. Is there a setting somewhere I need to set to make them appear? Or, an installation of add-Ins I am missing?

Thank you very much for the help!

Last edited by MarkEMark; 11-13-2021 at 10:45 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am missing the resizing icons shown below. I am using GrblGru version 4.2.0 Thank you for the help! I am LOVING how much this program can do and I am looking forward to learning and contributing as much as I am able to contribute as I learn.

Also, is there a way to change units from mm to inches? A setting somewhere I am missing?

Here is a screenshot of what I see:
    GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-screenshot-2021-11-13-104619-jpg

And I am missing these circled below that I see in the first tutorial in the manual:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-screenshot-2021-11-13-105311-png  
    Last edited by MarkEMark; 11-13-2021 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Additional Question added

Downloads
    Uploads

The program is always evolving and unfortunately the documentation is no longer up to date.
    Sorry, but at the moment I just do not get to improve this state.

To scale a path select it and press the right mouse button. A context menu opens, select "Geometry Editor". In the dialog that appears you can scale, move, flip etc. the path.
    Another possibility, which is more suitable for the positioning of paths, you get via the menu item "Graphic Editor".

I recently made a German video on the general operation. Maybe that will help you a little bit.

There is no option to switch mm / inches

GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-image-1-jpg

GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-image-2-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-image-1-jpg   GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-image-2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Ah yes! The right mouse button. I do not know why I didn't think of that. I am usually pretty good figuring out software and for some reason it didn't enter my mind to try that. Thank you.

And I appreciate the hard work you do making the software! I do not know how you would be able to keep up with all of the documentation! The manual you have written is a very good approach to learning, and I appreciate the hard work you and others have done.

Thanks again!

Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

Lately I just haven't had the time to document the program changes I've made.
    Especially the Youtube videos often consume a lot of time. Even if you don't always see it that way
    The problem is that it is very difficult to divide this work over several days, and thus always a large amount of time is needed at a stretch.

Therefore I would like to try in the future once whether it is better to make shorter videos, which deal then however only with one function, method etc..
    Today I want to start with the duplicate function. A function that allows you to duplicate a calculated project. The video is only about 4 minutes long.

Have fun with GrblGru

Downloads
    Uploads

Is there a homing routine for the Z depth axis? I would like to use an automatic Z homing plate to measure to the top of a work piece. Please forgive me if I have missed this somewhere in the documentation or the thread here.

Thanks again!

Downloads
    Uploads

I am currently creating a new dialog with some measurement methods.
    Please give me some more time. I will report back here.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi GrblGru,

I’ve just found your amazing program and think it will be perfect for my application. You have done some fantastic work to produce and support it.

I’m developing a 5 axis robot arm and your YouTube examples of setting up such a machine have given me lots of hope that I can test and simulate the arm quickly, without having to get involved in ROS programming from the start.

Regarding using the macro features, is there a way to trigger these from a hw input?, or to monitor hw inputs within the macro and to then trigger different functions depending on the input states? I’d basically like to test a scenario where the robot arm could use another arduino or plc to sort objects into different trays based on their colour. The resulting outcome would be to enable the arm to pick up an object from a given location and then place it into a set number of other locations using different coordinates in g code.

Thank you and Happy new year!

Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast