GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes - Page 19

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

Thread: GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes

@EnnoNL
    Can you please provide me with the files so I can check what the problem is.

@gehowi
    Thanks for your feedback.
    Looks like there is still something for me to do.
    Please give me some time.
    In the next version, I will also include the settings commands in the lathe mode.
    A switch to hide the comments is also useful.
    The mapping of the axis names is not that easy. But I'll have a closer look at it.
    I will inform you here when I have something new.

Free program download at www.GrblGru.com

Downloads
    Uploads

I think you've started a never ending story years ago
    But I hope you will continue because the concept is brilliant.

This forum is very limited for bug reporting.
    To save your time, I tried to make a structured PDF Bug report for V3.50.0 with screenshots (1 bug /page).
    If this is useful for you I can add more.

Thank you for your time!

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

@gehowi

Wow, thank you for your very professional error description.
    I assume that you are professionally involved with software.
    And of course I'm happy if you help me to improve GrblGru.

Please give me some time. I will send you an email.

You are doing great jobs i am learning your program but i need some answers i am asking you fromm all portals

My lathe X coordinate is same with the diameter. When i set the origin in the center of the circle i write it x0 z0 when i go to the outside of the cylinder (for example its diameter is 50.) coordinat x is : 50 i fact i go 25 mm but it doubles it ... but in your g codes x is not doubled so it makes trouble can we set it from somewhere ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry, but I don't understand your question.
    What exactly do you want to do? Do you want to write the GCode yourself and only use the simulation ?
    Or do you want to create a DXF drawing and then load it into the program and generate GCode with the GrblGru-CAM ?

It would be very helpful if you could provide me with a file or a sketch ?

Quote Originally Posted by GrblGru View Post
    What exactly do you want to do? Do you want to write the GCode yourself and only use the simulation ?
    Or do you want to create a DXF drawing and then load it into the program and generate GCode with the GrblGru-CAM ?

i have an old nc lathe machine like 1996 it has macro movements. i am using your gcodes coordinates to import it my machines macro.but it fails because of it calculates the X coordinate whole diameter

https://www.beamium.com/v/ONPHDWEM

i am trying to focus on your program for weeks but in lathe mode i cant find the face turning too i cant rotate the toolholder to the face. i think you are making a wonderfull job with it.it is easy but like us who dont know a thing about programs it can be more easy

its is an example from your code that i edit to my lathe

N1 G1 x-2.000 your program calculates this 2 mm : 2mm from 25 mm (radius) when my machine sees this code it calculates from diameter and go 1 mm from the radius
    N2 z-108.900

we can set the diameter from the stock that you have put there g code must calculate x from the diameter too or Can you put an option for it ?

i have an another example for you : https://www.beamium.com/v/CUARAFTB

maybe at gcode settings there will be an option like : calculate X coordinate from the diameter Yes or No

Last edited by Yvzylmz; 01-23-2021 at 08:57 AM.

Here is the X i have edited it took so much time

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Okay, I get you now.

However, I can't include this in the normal flow because I am also using the generated GCode for display and also sending it to the controller.
    What I can try is to create an additional file in which the X-value is doubled. You can then copy this file manually into your controller.

Would that work for you ?

Okay, I get you now.

However, I can't include this in the normal flow because I am also using the generated GCode for display and also sending it to the controller.
    What I can try is to create an additional file in which the X-value is doubled. You can then copy this file manually into your controller.

Would that work for you ?
    i also copy and edit the codes manually i can do that it will be very good for lathe users like me because all metal working lathes work like this
    Thank you so much

Downloads
    Uploads

@Yvzylmz

I just uploaded a new beta version v3.50.9. There is a new menu item "Extras/Postprocessor".
    I haven't had time to test it extensively yet. Please check it carefully and let me know if something is wrong.

GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-pic1-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-pic1-jpg  

@Yvzylmz

I just uploaded a new beta version v3.50.9. There is a new menu item "Extras/Postprocessor".
    I haven't had time to test it extensively yet. Please check it carefully and let me know if something is wrong.

GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-pic1-jpg
    you are wonderfull thank you very much i have checked it it doubles all x coordinates but in the program setup there is a compatability problem this time i manage to open it with troubleshooter i want to let you know it.

By the way can you show us with a video how to change the tool holder position for inside turning or face turning i know you are focusing 4 5 axes laser.. etc but Turners need your program too )

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

...newbie from DR here!, first post!...

First would like to thank you on the great job done on grblgru, been using it since 18 months ago and getting good results on my new woodworking shop, regularly cutting 2D shapes on MDF, PVC and solid woods(pine, oak, mahogany), etc of various widths on a 48x96 "DANTRON" machine. It is a very stable SW that gets the job done: thank you!

As a way of getting better efficiency, I've been searching for a feature that cut mosaics directly from only 1 shape, this is, i.e. input for 6x5 mosaic (30 copies from original on a 6 columns by 5 rows pattern), but haven't found it yet. Looked on manual, tried with macros, but didn't got it working. Right now I'm making the copies directly on the .svg

It is already set up?, Can be made on a macro?, if not maybe it's a feature that can be added later. Thinking of 3 inputs: columns, rows, space, i.e. 6,5,15 would create 6x5 with 15mm between them.

Thanks again, and in advance, and please keep up the good work!

Greetings from DR!
    JC

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks. This is an interesting application. Can you be more specific about the requirements? Do you only want a closed path? Do you need tabs. Do you need multiple infeeds ? Can you please provide me with an SVG file as an example ? Preferably a GrblGru project file so I can understand exactly what you need.

Downloads
    Uploads

@jcorona - One suggestion, this is it, here:
    Nesting
    --> Just a suggestion!

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm only recently in this forum and this is my first post. But in this time I've seen already a lot of lathe users looking for a free CAM program.

So I would like to inform you about my free program GrblGru. It provides CAM functionality and 3D simulation for milling machines and lathes. In command mode (G-code sender) it can communicate with GRBL as well as TinyG.
    I use the program for my little DIY milling machine and my old lathe, that I've updated to CNC. Now I'm looking for good ideas to improve it.

If you like to give GrblGru a try, you can download it from my dropbox at https://goo.gl/quFpdZ
    It's running under windows operating systems since XP.

On my youtube channel you can follow the history of GrblGru from the beginning in 2014 until now.
    For lathe users maybe

gives you a good imagination about how GrblGru is working. Also my latest video, attached below, shows a large wood lathe in simulation mode.
    For milling machine owner maybe my DIY 4th axis is interesting

Any suggestions for improvements and also critique are welcome

Have fun with GrblGru

@Admin
    I'm not sure if this is the right category for my post. Please move if not. Thanks

Not sure what's happened as I'm new here but tit says all files have been deleted?

Downloads
    Uploads

Release notes V4.0

so far, apart from projections on uneven surfaces, it was only possible to perform 2D operations with GrblGru.
    But since I would like to deal with milling 3D objects in the future, I have changed some things in the program.
    For example, some functions that were originally accessible via toolbar buttons can now be found in the right-mouse context menu.
    In the attached video I tried to describe the basic structure of the program and its handling.

Have fun with GrblGru

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks. This is an interesting application. Can you be more specific about the requirements? Do you only want a closed path? Do you need tabs. Do you need multiple infeeds ? Can you please provide me with an SVG file as an example ? Preferably a GrblGru project file so I can understand exactly what you need.
    Thanks for answering!,

Trying to get it as simple and flexible as possible( hope it is!), would be fine to just add some X or Y margin after finishing i.e. JOB1, then restart JOB1, so all these details stay on that job. Actually I'm doing it manually .

I think 1 job is enough, but can done on many as well. Normally I work reference=TOP LEFT, right is X positive, up is Y positive. Remember I'm thinking on 2D.

Step by step:

1>>Start,
    2>>Process JOB1
    3>>add X margin, this is: goto point: {originalhome + Xsize of JOB1 + Xmargin} (instead just going back originalhome), set as new temphomeX,
    4>>Process JOB1
    ...repeat 3 and 4 as necessary using temphomeX to add margin
    ...when all X loops are done, then...

809>>goto originalhome - Y margin, this is: goto point: {originalhome - Ysize of JOB1 - Ymargin}, set as new temphomeY
    ...repeat from 2
    ... if all Y loops are done, we're done, if not repeat from 809 using temphomeY to add Y margin.

I hope I have explained myself well. Maybe margins can be the same for X and Y, would get it working also.

Attached 2 images, 1 bottle wine holder side piece, original 2D shape, X developed, X and Y developed; final product after assembly.

Thanks again!

JC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-img-20191205-wa0019-01-jpg   GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-onetomany-png  
    Last edited by jcorona; 02-21-2021 at 04:26 PM.

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast