GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes - Page 12

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Thread: GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes

I apologize to the administrators for having posted the message a second time, the fact for fear of having posted in the wrong place

Good morning
    I wanted to ask if it was possible to implement a keyboard function key (for example X axis in SX, CTRL + ) for buttons then allowing the use through a JOYTOKEY program of a JOYSTICK, this could greatly simplify the use of the machine in Manual

GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-tornitura-4-jpg
    Another problem I can't create the path for this processwhere am I wrong
    GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-tornitura-1-jpgGrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-tornitura-2-jpgGrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-tornitura-3-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-tornitura-4-jpg   GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-tornitura-1-jpg   GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-tornitura-2-jpg   GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-tornitura-3-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

@maximassi

That's a good idea.
    Please give me some time. I will create a new beta version. Because I don't have a joystick, I would ask you to check it out.

To your question with the lathe I ask you to create a project file and send it to me. (File\Save project ...) With this I can reproduce the problem.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GrblGru View Post
    @maximassi

That's a good idea.
    Please give me some time. I will create a new beta version. Because I don't have a joystick, I would ask you to check it out.

To your question with the lathe I ask you to create a project file and send it to me. (File\Save project ...) With this I can reproduce the problem.
    Thank you for the availability this is the link x download the file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UrP...ew?usp=sharing
    I await the version with the changes to take the test

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

@maximassi

The reason for the lathe problem is that the workpiece is very small.
    GrblGru works with a grid in order to be able to calculate the GCode as quickly as possible.
    This grid can be set in the settings under 'Delta profile'. The default value of 1mm is too big for your component.
    Set it once to 0.1. If you make the grid even smaller, the result will be more accurate, but then the calculation will take longer.

In the new beta version V3.42.3 on my website I have now added the Ctrl sequences for your joystick. But they only work if you have activated the focus button before. (see pic)

I will also send you a private message (PM) with my email address.

GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-pic-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-pic-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello all,

Hope this is the right place to ask this.
    I started working with GrblGru a few weeks ago, and have got everything (servo's, configuring, limit switches) working with the help off all the info I found.
    One problem I have been trying to solve all day, is that the Resume/Cycle start button doesn't work. The Abort and Feed Hold both work.
    So when typing up a string of G-code and executing it (e.g. 'g1 g90 f100 x1000') and then pressing feed hold it will display the message 'movement has stopped' with the continue and exit buttons. Pressing the Resume button doesn't seem to do anything, forcing me to use the mouse, which isn't desired.

All switches are wired the same way, and a quick check with a mulitmeter indicates that they're all working as intended.
    I checked the cpu_map.h file to insure that the pin numbers are correct, and they are.

The switches are wired as following:
    Resume/Cycle start: A10 to GND
    Feed Hold: A9 to GND
    Reset/Abort: A8 to GND

The switches are all NO type, and are connected to a Arduino Mega 2560.
    Since the other switches are working just fine, I'm suspecting a software bug, but have been unable to pinpoint the issue.

Any help is much appreciated!

Edit: Also tried re-soldering the switches, and changing them to see if it was a faulty switch. No luck so far

Last edited by Bartavus; 09-20-2019 at 03:19 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello GrblGru,

I'm a bug hunter!
    Today I installed the new version 3.42.8 and found a bug.
    The GrblGru.ini file did not load correctly.
    View screen capture.

Armando

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-bugver-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

@Bartavus
    Yes, you are right here to ask questions or report bugs to GrblGru.

This is a problem I haven't had yet because I've never used the hardware switches before.
    If you press one of the hardware switches this information goes directly to the processor software (Grbl, Mega-5X, TinyG etc).
    GrblGru does not get this information ! I can therefore imagine that the running protocol between processor and GrblGru gets confused in this case.
    But first I have to investigate this in detail and ask you to give me time for it. As soon as I have found something I will contact you here.

@Armando (Bug hunter)
    Thanks for letting me know right away. In the last version a bug crept in.
    I just uploaded a new version V3.42.9.

Downloads
    Uploads

@GrblGru
    Alright thanks!

I started working more with the G-code side of Grbl, and it works fantastic!
    I saw a question about the 'NC (G-code) creator' button in the 3D workspace not working, what was the fix for that? I tried searching the forum but couldn't find anything.

I'm getting more and more amazed with how complete and well-working the software is, you did an outstanding job on this.

Hope to get the homing working today and get one step closer to a running lathe :P

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry for double posting, cant seem to edit my previous one.

Homing works!
    Since I'm using the lathe, I had to change the homing axis sequence in the config.h, so it would start with the X-axis.
    Also played around with the soft and hard limits, and learning about WCS and MCS (I feel like I've just scratched the surface of CNCing).

A possible bug I noticed (or me misusing the function), when soft limits are enabled the jog buttons in GrbrGru don't work and give an Error 15: "Travel exceeded","Jog target exceeds machine travel. Jog command has been ignored."
    Giving Grbl g-code commands via the terminal still works, and soft limits work as I would expect (moves normally within the limits, as you try to exceed the limits it ignores the command and gives and error).

Tschüss!

Downloads
    Uploads

Congratulations. It looks like you're making very rapid progress.

Unfortunately, I don't have a quick solution to this problem either. I need to look at it in detail.
    I have not connected any limit switches to my lathe and do not use the reference run.
    The reason for this is that the reference run is no longer valid after changing the tool or the chuck. Or you change the position of the tailstock or ...
    Instead I turn 3-4mm on the workpiece by hand and then measure the diameter with a caliper. Then I know exactly the value for the infeed.

Have a lot of fun with your CNC lathe.

Downloads
    Uploads

Release notes V3.43

it can happen that you are confronted with tasks that are a little off the main stream and cannot be solved satisfactorily by any of the standard programs.
    In this case you always have the possibility to create the GCode by hand.
    The GCode language is very simple and you can often do a lot with just a few commands.
    This simple structure becomes a disadvantage if you have to program e.g. several runs or more complex things.
    Loops, conditional jumps and parameters are not supported by the standard GCode as it is used by GRBL, TinyG, Mega-5X, G2core etc..

The new GrblGru version V3.43 now provides an 'Advanced GCode' with the mentioned features.
    The 'Advanced GCode' is translated by the Macro Compiler into the normal GCode. This GCode can then be used normally.

The video shows some examples.

Have fun with GrblGru

Downloads
    Uploads

You're always a step ahead!

I was thinking of exactly this, with all the talk about AI, but we are yet to see one CAM program that does not require human intervention.

And machining is a highly deterministic process! So, I wouk not worry about a AI taking jobs, for the foreseable future, like 1000 years.

Thanks for this new upgrade. Briliant as always.

All the best

Dimitrios

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah I'm not completely unsatisfied, hope to get the whole thing finished and running around christmas.
    As a sidenote, I was testing around some more with changing the config.h file, and the Resume Feed button suddenly works.
    So maybe it was a bug when I initially flashed Grbl to the arduino.
    Will do more testing later and report back.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    Can GrblGru handle 3 axis CNC where one axis is rotary and where the shape is more complex than something that can be turned on a lathe, i.e. almost a full 3d shape like adding groves to a leg or a barley twist etc.

If so are there any instructional videos or pages I can look at to see how this is done.
    thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

@Bartavus
    Thanks for the info. I would also be happy if you would keep me informed about your observations. This is also interesting for other users.

@osmanager
    GrblGru can control the following software directly: GRBL, TinyG, Mega-5X and g2core
    If you have another controller you can load the GCode calculated by GrblGru as a file into your controller.

Whether the GCode can be generated depends on how your specification looks like. I'm currently transferring DXF and SVG engravings to the A-axis.
    More complex 3D objects are currently not realized (but are on the ToDo list).
    However, some 3D objects can already be created with macros now.

Perhaps you have a 3D example that you would like to produce that you can make available to me ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GrblGru View Post

Perhaps you have a 3D example that you would like to produce that you can make available to me ?
    Thanks for getting back to me - Attached are some file. The main one is the screwdriver

I have included DXF and STL. The DXF fail to load.

I am not sure how to start generating the Gcode - I am using a home built machine but for the purpose of this test I have loaded the shapeoko3with4Axis machine.
    Are there any step by step instructions as to how to set up a machine and also to generate the Gcode?

For example my models seem to load vertically instead in line with the rotary axis and I have no idea how to rotate it.

Thanks for your help.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for the examples. But I will not be able to generate an automatically calculated GCode for it. Especially the screwdriver is very complicated.
    However, I can imagine that at least parts of the machining can be done with the help of manually created macros. See my last video.

For the STL objects to be loaded correctly (e.g. by simple Drag&Drop) the length direction must be aligned in Z-direction.
    The Z-axis of the STL object then lies in the rotation axis.
    To change your model you can load it and then rotate it using the STL Manipulation dialog. After that you can save it via the menu function "Save STL ..." with the SHIFT key pressed at the same time. If you load the saved object afterwards again, it should be correct. See attached pic

On my website there is a document "Import 3D Model". It describes how to load a model of your machine into GrblGru.

GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-pic1-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-pic1-jpg  
    Last edited by GrblGru; 10-08-2019 at 03:39 PM. Reason: added the picture

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your help - I will work with simpler models for now

Downloads
    Uploads

I just want to thank Dimitrios for the new Brazilan Portuguese translation. Great work.
    I hope I can return the favor once in a while. Thanks a lot.

(Available in the current beta version V3.43.1)

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast