GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes - Page 4

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes

As I told you, at the moment the color of the laser changed only in simulation mode.
    Do you have checked it with the real laser ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great. The laser turns on and off correctly. In the simulation, the color of the laser does not change.
    Thanks for help.
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Last edited by mclareniak; 12-22-2017 at 05:57 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Would not it be possible to add such settings in the final version?
    GRBL configuration

A laser setting for a laser cutter or laserengraver
    PWM for laser

Thank you

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-grbl-configuration-jpg   GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-laser-options-png  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello.
    Please take a look at why the gcode generated in inkscape is incorrectly loaded? In lasegrbl is loaded correctly.
    Inside zip file is extension for gcode creation into inkscape, dxf file, video as i tested it and gcode itself.
    Well thank you.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I am very interested in implementing a laser mode into the program.
    I will contact you after the holidays.

Downloads
    Uploads

Release notes V3.24

the new version, availlable at https://goo.gl/quFpdZ, provides a new 3D model of a very nice lathe.
    It's a near 60 years old UNIMAT lathe, updated to a CNC machine by a friend from Austria.
    In the attached video I've documented how to create the toolpath and the G-code from an DXF or SVG drawing.

Have fun with GrblGru

Downloads
    Uploads

I have to say, the amount of programming and the type and functionality of programming you are doing in this program is nothing short of amazing. I do not know of any control program that has visual affects to the point you have taken them.

You may have read some other comments of mine regards your program and I do hope you take them strictly as constructive. In those comments, I have made it clear that the interface tends to intimidate anyone taking a first look, and that intimidation seems to make it difficult to negotiate, find or understand exactly what the steps are to use the program. Perhaps it is the blatant primary colors that could be tamped down a touch.

I at first use was not able to get it to a Nano test set up I have here connect no matter what I tried, though other programs would connect. Then one day, it just connected as if there was never an issue. But I did not get far in attempting to test with it.

Your videos show how much you put into your work. I wish there was voice over explanations because while you can click here, there, there again, here, over there.. we see things moving, but the video does not necessarily have the detail to SEE what is happening, and we all like to have a verbal explanation. This is the case with this last video with the black background and red lines. I could not figure out what was going on there at all on my PC.

I had a discussion with a local who also opened the program and he too passed the program up rather quickly. He stated that there seemed to be quite a few completely non-traditional methods being applied. Not there might be reasons for this, given that grbl itself seems a bit upside down, inside out and backwards out of the box... at least until you adjust all those $$ settings to make sense for something other than a 3d printer.

So the challenge for users is to figure out how to alter their traditional concepts to fit here. Even the simple things like the non-traditional axis labeling, not being normal to the majority of CNC lathes throws me off easily (your X is usually Z, and your Y is usually X).

By all means continue with what you are doing. Perhaps when you get all the features you want programmed, you can swing back and focus on an ergonomic GUI, where the placements of what matters comes more naturally. For example, I've played with the program, even clicked on some of those buttons along the right vertical edge of the screen. But as I sit here, I for the life of me do not understand the value of them being there, rather than perhaps tabbed in a area where they might matter more.

Your not alone with a non-ergonomic GUI for grbl... there are plenty of them. Only one I know of comes close to resembling a hobby based CNC control that the majority are familiar with. That said, there is no shortage of images on the web of what they generally look like

I think my goal would to be to create an operator window that first worked with the traditional steps of:

1, I need to connect to the control ( I don't need all the port baloney up front... that is a setting for behind the scenes or in a selectable setup file)

2, I need to home the machine with a clearly defined home machine section

3, I need open a G-code from my Cam program and I need it displayed clearly
    (I don't need to see the grbl data transfer details except when one must troubleshoot something)

4, I need to jog/locate and set program zero for one or all axis

5, I need to see clearly defined DRO sections for both work and machine positions

6, I need to run the machine with a very clear cycle start button next to a clearly labelled Feed Hold button.

Then I would look to putting all these secondary tool path creation and settings features on appropriate background tabs.

Other than that, hats off to some obviously very, very detailed programming work !

Chris L

Downloads
    Uploads

First of all, many thanks for your constructive criticism.
    All people who develop programs needs on this kind of feedback.

And yes, I agree with you. For someone who is used to the conventional kind of surfaces, it is certainly deterrent at first.
    I think especially the new graphic possibilities require new operating strategies.
    In addition, documentation, especially in English, is not one of my strengths.
    Of course, I would like to personally introduce my program to you. That would be much easier for both of us.
    But the only realistic possibility for me is a maximum of 15 minutes of video with subtitles.
    It's not easy to pack all the functionality and information in this short time.

In addition, in the last 3 years, I have developed a lot of stuff and also rejected a part of it, because at the end I did not like it any more.
    Only now do I slowly feel that I have found the essential framework.
    But because of the many changes in the past, it was not possible to create a reasonable documentation.

However, I would also like to express my concern that the scope of the program is already powerful.
    It includes many functions that used to require a separate program like:
    - 2D-CAM program
    - G-Code sender for GRBL as well TinyG
    - 3D-Simulation program
    - STL Creator & Viewer
    and ....

If you also think that some people have a program, for example, just to dimension a spur gear, and that they also have to pay for it.
    GrblGru will also do this work. It's only one of many other hopefully helpful function. And it's free of costs !

I do not know how you feel at a new program, with a bit more complexity such as a CAD or a CAM.I can not remember that I liked a new program right away. My first attempt was always frustrating. I always curse terribly, because nothing works as I imagine. But if I read in a bit, and then try a second try after a while, things usually look a lot better.

I take your criticism very seriously and will try to clean up GrblGru. I already have an idea how to make it easier especially for first-time users to get started. Give me some time. I will contact you here.

Thanks again and please stay critical

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GrblGru View Post
    Release notes V3.24

the new version, availlable at https://goo.gl/quFpdZ, provides a new 3D model of a very nice lathe.
    It's a near 60 years old UNIMAT lathe, updated to a CNC machine by a friend from Austria.
    In the attached video I've documented how to create the toolpath and the G-code from an DXF or SVG drawing.

Have fun with GrblGru

Hi
    thank you for share this very good program with all of us ...
    i have some problem and i hope you can help me ( my english is not good, please forgive me)
    when i connect my grbl to GRBLGRU, anything is ok, but when i want to run the cnc lathe in actual, run stoping with error 22 that say feedrate is not set!! please see the pictur
    what is the mistake?!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-2018-01-30_225911-jpg   GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-2018-01-30_231008-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lathe-cnc View Post
    Hi
    thank you for share this very good program with all of us ...
    i have some problem and i hope you can help me ( my english is not good, please forgive me)
    when i connect my grbl to GRBLGRU, anything is ok, but when i want to run the cnc lathe in actual, run stoping with error 22 that say feedrate is not set!! please see the pictur
    what is the mistake?!
    You have these lines in your code:
    G90 G1 F0.00 Y0,000
    F0.00 X0.000

Those lines set the feed rate to 0 and the machine cannot move with a zero feed rate.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 109jb View Post
    You have these lines in your code:
    G90 G1 F0.00 Y0,000
    F0.00 X0.000

Those lines set the feed rate to 0 and the machine cannot move with a zero feed rate.
    Hi
    thanks a lot
    but i know it, i would like to know which is my mistake in setting that in produces G-code is F0.00 commend?! in other word what i must to do to correct this problem?
    the picture show my setting, please show me if i have any mistake...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-2018-01-31_175419-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by lathe-cnc; 01-31-2018 at 09:32 AM. Reason: adding the G-code

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for giving GG a try.
    The 'normal' place for process parameters in GG is the property grid control in the 2D view (bottom left).
    In lathe mode I've copy most of the parameters to the window that you have shown in your pictures.
    It's very convenient to adjust them with this little up/down switches and see immediately the result in the 3D graphic.

Long story short. I don't copied the parameter 'Rapid Feedrate', because I thought there is no need to adjust it.
    Please enter this value and I hope it will work for you.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-rapidfeedrate-jpg   GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-gcode-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for giving GG a try.
    The 'normal' place for process parameters in GG is the property grid control in the 2D view (bottom left).
    In lathe mode I've copy most of the parameters to the window that you have shown in your pictures.
    It's very convenient to adjust them with this little up/down switches and see immediately the result in the 3D graphic.

Long story short. I don't copied the parameter 'Rapid Feedrate', because I thought there is no need to adjust it.
    Please enter this value and I hope it will work for you.

Hi my friend
    thank you for answer, and for this great job
    now every thing is ok, grbl is very useful program
    now my mini cnc-lathe (Hobbymat MD65) work fine ...
    thank you again

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    do you have any suggestion for screw cutting with GRBLGRU?!
    i would like to know if this program can do this matter!?! and if yes, How?
    regards

Downloads
    Uploads

No I'm sorry. I have to disappoint you.
    For that you would need a very expensive position controller for the main motor.

Downloads
    Uploads

Release notes V3.25

The new version V3.25.0 can now be downloaded from my dropbox at https://goo.gl/7BGkkO
    This time I tried to provide a 'trial version' for GrblGru starters.
    For this purpose, a menu appears at the start of the program in which you can select the basic purpose.
    In addition to the full version, a simple 3D simulation and a G-code sender are available.
    So if you want to try GrblGru, I especially recommend the 3D simulation mode, which allows with little effort to simulate existing G-codes files.

I also added new 3D models again. Among other things, a laser. Next time I will report separately about it.

Because I've been often asked to describe what GrblGru actually is, I've created also a document, which attempt to fulfill this request.
    Download from my dropbox:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/w9nx516zzr...blGru.pdf?dl=0

Have fun with GrblGru

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow, amazing work. I am playing around with this trying to learn your method. I have one question. I can't seem to find where to set units to Inch like the manual says. There is no "ID/NC" button in the latest 3.25.4 version. Is the units switchable in a .ini file somewhere?
    Thanks for your contribution to the hobby of CNC, laser, etc.

PI R ROUND

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you like the program.
    I'm sorry to disappoint you. Currently there is no possibility to enter imperial units. The operating instructions are no longer up to date. I had an imperial mode in earlier versions, but the effort for changes was simply too much. As soon as the basic development of the program is complete, I will definitely provide imperial units.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you like the program.
    I'm sorry to disappoint you. Currently there is no possibility to enter imperial units. The operating instructions are no longer up to date. I had an imperial mode in earlier versions, but the effort for changes was simply too much. As soon as the basic development of the program is complete, I will definitely provide imperial units.
    Excellent work, I have followed you from the beginning

If your control accepts G20 it does not matter if the machine setup is metric, and someone wants to run a program in inches they just need a G20 in the start of there program and a G21 for metric

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Excellent work, I have followed you from the beginning

If your control accepts G20 it does not matter if the machine setup is metric, and someone wants to run a program in inches they just need a G20 in the start of there program and a G21 for metric

I think the only issue is that the program only uses two decimal places for metric. I'll have to look at the program again to be sure.

PI R ROUND

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast