GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes - Page 17

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast

Thread: GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes

First of all thank you for the information about the link. I just did some research.
    Unfortunately, Dropbox surprisingly changed the business model. I can no longer make my data public.
    As soon as I find a way to download GrblGru, I will inform you here.

Many thanks also for your great video. I appreciate that very much, also because I know how much work it is to create such a video.
    I hope that in the next version I will also be able to provide the possibility to use carbide inserts.

Downloads
    Uploads

I now have a homepage https://www.grblgru.com/ from which the program can be downloaded.

Last edited by GrblGru; 03-23-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

My latest frustration is about offsets. Before a run I have to move the spindle far away from the stock and zero there but it makes it very difficult. How can I zero to the corner of the stock instead of far away? At first I thought I had to zero the stock setting on the 3D tab but that did not help. I am using G54. On the 2D tab the bounding box looks correct with zero margin. But the origin shows far from the corner of the part. I am using GrblPanel for the run and zeroing to the corner of the stock results in cutting far away from the stock.

Update: I am beginning to think it is a problem with my DXF file.
    Here is a test of a simple circle file:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r-A...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by swisscheese; 03-24-2019 at 09:29 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry, I didn't get why you have to do the zeroing above the stock.
    That's why I created a video on my website https://www.grblgru.com/ to show how to zeroing your workpiece.

I also checked your dxf file. It's ok. I was able to create a job with the file.
    You can control this in the tree view on the 2D view.
    If the toolpath consists of a circle everything is ok. See pic below.

GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-pic1-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-pic1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Now I see from your video - right click RefPkt - did not occur to me to right click - suggest to make that command more discoverable.

Another issue - router is skipping circles of diam .126 with a .125" diam cutter. Even .130 did not work. I had to specify a smaller cutter to work around, but it's not accurate. Also would be nice to see the problem on the screen more easily.

Downloads
    Uploads

hello to all.
    Grblgru I congratulate you on your website and thank you for doing everything possible so that we can continue using your great software.
    for the friend- SWISSCHEESE- I had that same problem with the circle and solve it very easily in the following way
    in coreldraw adding nodes automatically and the circles are perfect in the grblgru program.
    I hope this helps.
    If you do not know how to do it, let me know and I can make a video or send you images

Greetings.

Downloads
    Uploads

Dantron, thanks for your help.
    Nevertheless, can you please send me a file with circles that will be skipped. I'd like to have a look at that.
    Another question. Which mode did you set in the GRBL ?
    G20 or G21 - Inch or millimeter mode

Downloads
    Uploads

Does GrblGru have backlash compensation? If not, that may be a nice feature.

Downloads
    Uploads

hi gru
    I always use the program in mm. I really do not know how to set it up in an inch, I just give it a basic use
    A suggestion for your website, if you can place a link for donation is a good thing, I want to make a small contribution, so you can maintain the site or buy some expendable materials for your project.

leader greeting
    Quote Originally Posted by GrblGru View Post
    Dantron, thanks for your help.
    Nevertheless, can you please send me a file with circles that will be skipped. I'd like to have a look at that.
    Another question. Which mode did you set in the GRBL ?
    G20 or G21 - Inch or millimeter mode

Downloads
    Uploads

@yohan
    Thank you very much for your suggestion.
    Some time ago I have been intensively involved with this topic and have come to the conclusion that I do not want to do this effort.
    The problem is that in most cases the backlash is not constant in practice. If, for example, you move an axis without load, the backlash will not always run 100%.
    A backlash compensation, however, will add a corresponding correction with every change of direction. I have done some tests on my lathe.
    Especially with small infeeds of the Y-axis, the errors of the compensation accumulated after some time. The result was worse than without compensation.
    I hope you understand my decision, but I firmly believe that the best compensation of the world cannot replace bad mechanics.
    There are also enough mechanical methods to reduce the backlash. That is definitely preferable.

@dantron
    Thanks a lot. At the moment I am very happy that the download is possible again.
    There is still a lot to do on the website. But first, I need to learn how to do this.

Downloads
    Uploads

Release V3.37

Most of the changes in the new version concern the lathe mode again.
    Because Carbide inserts are used more and more often on hobby lathes, I have now added this type of tool to my program.
    In addition, I have revised the complete turning handling once again and I hope that the operation has now become even easier.
    Many thanks to my friend Leonardo, who helped me a lot with his suggestions and good ideas on this topic.

Free download from my website at https://www.grblgru.com/

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello GrblGru,

Notice of a bug after version 3.3*, see attached image.
    The "v-carve 11mm 60 grad" and "v-carve 3.175mm 60 grad" tools work well in version 3.30.0

Please let me know when it's OK.
    Many thanks for this excellent work!
    If you were a woman, I would answer> I love you!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes-grblgru-ver-jpg  

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast