Ezilathe, a useful aid to lathe programming. - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Ezilathe, a useful aid to lathe programming.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Ezilathe, a useful aid to lathe programming.

I have just Uploaded the New Version (!.7.1) to the Downloads/Other section. Full download and PDF downloads now on page #2. (Beta version is the same, but EXE only, & on page 1)

Download, Unzip to C:\Ezilathe or a temporary directory (if updating), and copy the files required to the C:\Ezilathe.
    This version has many changes / corrections that should help in the generation of G-code for your lathe.
    Please follow the PDF (Separate download) to assist.

Mach4 - Now supported at least in Basic form.
    Generates G-code from DXF's and Simulates. - Tried on Mach4 No Issues.
    G32 & G76 Threading - Working, but some issues on my Lathe with Mach4 (Early days however, issues could be me).
    G32 will not simulate, But runs on lathe - Pullout not as expected ???
    I note the example in Mach4 Lathe programming guide simply pulls out with G00. Hardly a Thread run-out.
    G76 Simulates / Runs, but Cuts with half the expected passes. (Try Double in Ezilathe)
    All threading - Spindle is not stable, seems to cut-out at start of thread.
    That said, Double checked all my code, seems to be correct, but a few questions.
    Note that all example date supplied is mainly Mach3, However the 2nd Configured lathe is set as per my testing of mach4, and has good G codes for mach4.

Downloads
    Uploads

Stutank. How are you going using Mach4, just wondering if worth updating at this time.

Downloads
    Uploads

Dragon8. Mach4 (Especially Lathe) still seems to be a work in progress (Like all good things, i.e. Ezilathe). Mach3 has served me very well, over the years, so not a lot of incentive to change.
    That said, I think we will all be on Mach4, as that is where the development is going. I bought my copy of Mach4 to develop Ezilathe, but it will probably end up on my Mill first.

As for Ezilathe, Mach4 is now available from Ezilathe for most usage. I had a few hardware issues with screwcutting, but now resolved. I will soon post an update for Ezilathe, once I have (Think I have) everything right, and checked out on my Lathe.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have just Uploaded the New Version (!.7.2) to the Downloads/Other section. Full download and PDF downloads now on page #2. (Beta version is the same & on page 1)

Download, Unzip to C:\Ezilathe or a temporary directory (if updating), and copy the files required to the C:\Ezilathe.
    This version has many changes / corrections that should help in the generation of G-code for your lathe.
    Please follow the PDF (Separate download) to assist.

Mach4 Support has been extended, and is working well.
    Screwcutting under Mach4 - G76 Fully functional, but Number of cuts on machine not as expected. Dry run first, but My end of things is correct. G32 works well, but Alternate flank infeeds not implemented yet.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456