paper jig

Thread: paper jig

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default paper jig

I have seen rifle actions you can buy with a paper patern glued to them to show where to drill holes for pins. Do you know what would be needed to make these. Can it be down on a regular printer with the right program? Iam new to machineing and this looks like a simply way to take on some machineing jobs.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

You want to take a drawing of actions and redraw them in a CAD program to convert to G code and machine out?

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-
    [URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Rifle actions

David,
    There is a guy by the name of Frank Wells (Tucsan, Arizona). I've read about him in "Original Oberndorf Sporting Rifles" authered by Jon Speed, Walter Schmid & Reiner Herrman. Maybe he can help you with info. I have drawings of a rifle action if you are interested?

Klox

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: paper jig

Originally posted by David454
    I have seen rifle actions you can buy with a paper patern glued to them to show where to drill holes for pins. Do you know what would be needed to make these. Can it be down on a regular printer with the right program? Iam new to machineing and this looks like a simply way to take on some machineing jobs.
    If you can accurately draw the 3 faces in CAD, a good printer will print it out as an overlay at a scale of 1:1.

You might have to fudge the length of the top side if it is curved, but you can calculate this accurately, too, if you know the radius, and have access to a table of chords, such as exists in Machinery's handbook.

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Thank you

Thank you!! Just the answers i was hopeing for.