HELP: Controller to PC Program retrieval

Thread: HELP: Controller to PC Program retrieval

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default HELP: Controller to PC Program retrieval

Hello...

Our shop has an older Westinghouse Canada (Creonics?) Hybrid D9 Controller for a Koike 2500G Oxyfuel Cutter. Recently the DOS software we used to grab programs from our PC took a dump. We are running Win98SE and need a low cost solution for retrieving our PC programs/parts at the Controller. We used to push REMOTE, DNLOAD, then a FILE NAME or # and it would look on the PC for our code. Any suggestions?

We were using Profile (the predecessor to ProfileMaster 2000) with an integrated CAD package called Opus-3. We have the original install disks, but the dongle no longer works. It was always running Win95 with a legacy DOS menu system to startup the programs. At this point, I just want communication from the controller to PC and I can figure out how to convert my DXFs to G&M Code (EIA-274).

I've tried CNC Transfer, but it did not work correctly for unattended PC retrieval. Would I need 1 person at the controller and 1 at the PC to do a send/receive with say a 30 second timeout? I'm a bit confused and need some direction/guidance, please.

Thank you