I know, I Know

Thread: I know, I Know

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I know, I Know

OK, I'm sure this has been asked a million times but hereit is again

I have just got a Orac CNC lathe and want to interface it to the PC and design stuff in a CAD type package, then sent it to the CNC slowly (as it can't handle big CNC files)

So I'm looking for something simple but powerfull does not need to be 3D

So whats the best?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Scarr,

Take a look at Onecnc lathe software. Check out the Onecnc forum here, or at www.onecnc.net

Its a very powerful package for a normal 2 axis turning machine. It allows you to specify your tool shapes and simulate and render the part, too.

You shouldn't have to DNC too many lathe programs. The machine may not have much memory, but its got to have enough to turn out a typical part, I would imagine. Even my old 1Kb ("word capacity") Bandit would run every lathe program I ever wanted.

As for a communications package, Onecnc offers a freebie for that, in case you discover that all you need is a means for the quick upload and download of an entire program.

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Scarr,

Another option to get you going without alot of money is BobCad/Cam. It isn't the best program around, but I have used it for two axis lathe work, and it worked just fine, and it's relatively easy to learn.

Just a suggestion to get you going.

Fish

Last edited by Rekd; 09-23-2003 at 11:30 PM.