Need CAD simulation models for WorkNC for Haas/OKK

Thread: Need CAD simulation models for WorkNC for Haas/OKK

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need CAD simulation models for WorkNC for Haas/OKK

Hello

I am looking for CAD simulation models to import into my CAM software (WorkNC) for Haas VM3 and VF4 machines, and OKK VM7. I had no luck with getting one from Haas (closely guarded secret). I would appreciate any help.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Having full machine model in simulation helps how?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What helps is if I have an awkward workpiece, and I need avoidance from other things besides spindle noses (such as air or coolant manifolds). As far as what I'm capable of drawing for a holder or spindle, it is revolved around the center of the spindle. In my case, the manifolds are placed on one side or another of the spindle, and there is also a programmable coolant box on one side that needs to be shown. I'm not in dire need of a CAD model by any means, but in the direction the company is going, we are going to be machining more complex pieces, unmanned, and knowing I'm not going to schtoink (that's a technical term) my machine on the workpiece, the better off I am.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I guess I should branch out my business and start creating machine models and selling them since the machine tool builders won't supply them and no one that has created any want to share them.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Machine file

Blue,

Send me a PM and I might be able to get you what you are looking for. Do you know how to make a machine file in WNC? If not I can help you there too.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    I guess I should branch out my business and start creating machine models and selling them since the machine tool builders won't supply them and no one that has created any want to share them.
    There are people selling these models from between $500-$1500 depending on the complexity of the machine. You really need to have the machine physically on hand to be able to measure it. That is what I run into. I do custom programming for a company and because of the complex programs once in a while we need to simulate it all. However the machine is an airplane ride away so it is difficult for me to model it up

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default machine files

Really you shouldnt need to model these up yourself. We partner with several machine OEM's who provide these files for the customer so that they can be used to run collision detection in the CAM software. This is typically the first place I would start. As I said before I am happy to help in any way I can.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: machine files

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Schwartz View Post
    Really you shouldn't need to model these up yourself. We partner with several machine OEM's who provide these files for the customer so that they can be used to run collision detection in the CAM software. This is typically the first place I would start. As I said before I am happy to help in any way I can.
    I know this post is almost 8 yrs old, but I found it while seeking info about machine simulation files. Shawn is correct. I am adding and updating machines to our machine context. I found Haas to be very willing to help. They have all of their machines in STEP or XT files formats. After simplifying the machine files (removing unwanted surfaces and geometry),now I have to get Vero (Sescoi) to translate my files to mac files so they can be read by WorkNC. Vero has to take my machine files and add the kinematics to the file so our software can read the X, Y, Z coordinates.

~Garry

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need CAD simulation models for WorkNC for Haas/OKK

I need help Also for create a CAD model simulation (worknc). Please.

Sysy