Need Help! Amada AP100US v20.3 laser common line cutting with auto-nest.

Thread: Amada AP100US v20.3 laser common line cutting with auto-nest.

Default Amada AP100US v20.3 laser common line cutting with auto-nest.

My coworker and I each have a copy of AP100US v20.3. We both use the same material files, machine file, condition file and driver. However, only I can perform common line cutting by using the nest function at my computer, setting part spacing to the laser beam width of 0.006" in Sheet Layout Settings and automatically nest with 0.006" spacing.

On my coworker's computer, even though I set "distance between tools/beam" to 0.006" in Sheet Layout Settings, the nested distance between parts is 0.0801" H and 0.0094" V. The only way to get common line cutting to work for him is to grid the parts manually, adding 0.006" to the x/y dimensions for spacing.

I went through every parameter with the two computers side by side, set everything I could find to match and still have no joy. There has to be a setting buried somewhere that I cannot find which affects this behavior. Can anyone tell me what/where that setting is?

Amada wants over FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS to renew the software maintenance contract to answer this one simple question! Let me think about that for a minute... NO!

Any help appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Amada AP100US v20.3 laser common line cutting with auto-nest.

I will add this note. It appears that 0.0844" X and 0.0056" Y are being added to part spacing on all of my coworker's nested programs. So, x/y spacing 0.006" becomes 0.0904" X and 0.0116" Y; x/y spacing of 0.200" becomes 0.2844" X and 0.2056; and so on. Still the setting for this additional offset spacing illudes me.

Default Re: Amada AP100US v20.3 laser common line cutting with auto-nest.

Finally found the answer to my own question. This checkbox in both my coworker's and my own Sheet Layout Settings was checked. However, for some reason, my Features/Leads are configured in such a way that they do not interfere with Distance Between Beam value. On my coworker's computer it does. I think it's buried somewhere in all the material files and, at this point, I'm not about to go hunting them down. Unchecking this one box solves my nested part common line cutting problem completely.

Drove me nuts. Hope this helps someone else someday.

Amada AP100US v20.3 laser common line cutting with auto-nest.-screenshot-2023-05-09-092625-png