Maestro CNC engraving for SCM Accord 25 fx

Thread: Maestro CNC engraving for SCM Accord 25 fx

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Maestro CNC engraving for SCM Accord 25 fx

Hi, I want to engrave text on the piece and I need it in the Times New Roman font. When I apply the engraving machining to the geometry, it mills out the entire letter. E.g. I use the letter "P", or anything with a boundary in the letter it mills out the boundary. How do I avoid this?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Maestro CNC engraving for SCM Accord 25 fx

Get some single line fonts. You can find them for free online.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah I thought so, Maestro does have a few already on there. I need to find a good one because my bosses want engraving with the Times New Roman font.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Joel2001 View Post
    Yeah I thought so, Maestro does have a few already on there. I need to find a good one because my bosses want engraving with the Times New Roman font.
    I reverse engineered fonts to single line by vcarvimg the font to create a single, centerline toolpath, then using gcode2dxf (found on this forum) to turn the toolpath to dxf entities. I can then “flatten” the dxf to make it planar. Presto! Stick font from any font.

Depending on your needs, you may have to clean up the little ears made from vcarve to leave only the centerline. Then agaian too, if you can vcarve, you kindof already have what you are looking for. I think i did this for someome who didnt have vcarving or something…

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    I reverse engineered fonts to single line by vcarvimg the font to create a single, centerline toolpath, then using gcode2dxf (found on this forum) to turn the toolpath to dxf entities. I can then “flatten” the dxf to make it planar. Presto! Stick font from any font.

Depending on your needs, you may have to clean up the little ears made from vcarve to leave only the centerline. Then agaian too, if you can vcarve, you kindof already have what you are looking for. I think i did this for someome who didnt have vcarving or something…
    That is a good idea! I will look in to that in the future. I managed to get the engraving to work properly now. Our tool was not set up correctly to begin with (conical mill set up as a straight cutter). If you highlight the letter with the boundaries to apply the machining, it will machine around that boundary to produce the engraving.

Downloads
    Uploads

including supply chain management, inventory control, customer relationship management, and more. This blog post will explore the features and benefits of ISF ERP and explain how this powerful system can help your business reach its full potential.
    https://www.isfconsultant.com/payroll-management/