Need Help! Need 3d to 2d Drafting software Asap!

Thread: Need 3d to 2d Drafting software Asap!

Default Need 3d to 2d Drafting software Asap!

My company has been using TopSolid for years and have typically saved the models to *.Top/*.Tp files. I have recently setup a new programming station and purchased the Biesseworks software/required licensing to create the appropriate .bpp files for our CNC Routers. Now I find that I am in need of some form of CAD program that can create a quick 2d draft of selected panels on a cabinet/display fixture. Topsolid has a hefty cost behind it so I am trying to find something that will use the .step file type and allow for easy 2d drafting. Any ideas?

I have tried a few random programs but am not having much luck. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need 3d to 2d Drafting software Asap!

hy please share a visual example

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

If you have the patience and the time to learn,Freecad can do a great deal within the Tech Draw workbench.There are a few youtube tutorials that may be helpful and the cost of the software is zero.Which may offset the time taken to became familiar with the program.

Downloads
    Uploads

Rhinoceros 3D ...?

Downloads
    Uploads

Rhino is an excellent program,but it does cost more than Freecad.

Downloads
    Uploads

is it ok to say that something costs more than something that is free ?! just asking

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Since the OP referred to the cost of a piece of software,it seemed reasonable to alert him to the difference in cost of two possible candidates for solving his problem.I never have a problem with raising any matter if it contains the truth of the issue.Of course,the answer might be to download the trial version of Rhino and do a direct comparison.I have used and appreciated the qualities of Rhino but these days I am becoming more proficient with Freecad as it includes a CAM module that has a post processor which works with my hobby router.