Software needed to Digitize patterns with CalComp Rollup 111

Thread: Software needed to Digitize patterns with CalComp Rollup 111

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Software needed to Digitize patterns with CalComp Rollup 111

Gentlmen, I have a new Calcomp rollup Digitizer with stylus which is amazing however I cannot find any reasonalbly priced software that works with the digitizer.
    I am trying to trace engine gaskets so that they can be then cut on my CNC laser.

There is a software out there that does just that but with a hefty price tag of $1500

Can someone offer some help.

I currently have an older paid for subscription for MasterCam
    Also have Fusion 360
    Lazy Cam
    Corel Draw
    plus a few others none of which work ..... sadly

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Software needed to Digitize patterns with CalComp Rollup 111

Somewhere on this forum there is a sub section that seems to be exclusively used by a fellow whose principal activity is doing something very similar to what you are describing.I have a feeling he spent a lot more than $1500 to get there.My experience with digitised data is limited to taking points from a Proline digitiser and working with them to create CAD entities for machining and it worked well.The machine could output a .dxf file and by using a range of techniques to create the right kind of CAD entities passing through those points and joining/trimming them an outline was arrived at.I used Rhino for this and it does get under your price tag.I am a bit surprised none of your software will do anything useful since it isn't so far from using a calibrated mouse to generate points and then you need to create the outlines to connect them.Have you tried any online forums for each of those specific pieces of software?There has to be a fair chance that somebody will know of a $65 plug-in that could help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Learn how to draw them from scratch by measuring them. Faster, easier, and free.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

MJPCARBON

I had the same issue with software. Search for Paper2Cad software. It is around the price point you mentioned, but they offer a trial. I emailed and got my "trial" software version. I don't think anyone is actively engaged in selling this anymore, because turns out...

IT WAS THE FULL VERSION AND THE TRIAL NEVER EXPIRED!

The software wasn't anything special. Mainly just allowed you to create DXF's for CAD software with simple tools. But it does have a few Great features specific to those types of tablets. Mainly letting you move "jump" a template. This allows you to digitize templates much larger than the active tablet area.

Won't give you the tools of modern CAD software, but it maybe enough to get your data into the computer and software.

Hope this helps