Need to hire CNC/mahcine time service

Thread: Need to hire CNC/mahcine time service

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need to hire CNC/mahcine time service

Hello All

As a new member of this forum I'd like to apologise if I'm repeating the same question and/or if this is not the right place.
    I'm looking for someone with a CNC router capable of carving decorative patterns on granite tiles. Tiles vary in size but they are generally 40cm w x 50cm h - depth of carving required approximately 1 to 2 mm.
    I will be interested in either hiring machine time or paying for the service. I live in UK, Kent and able to travel upto 70 miles.

many thanks,
    Sean

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need to hire CNC/mahcine time service

A much easier and less expensive way to go about that would be to use a CNC router with a drag-knife to cut the rubber masking, apply it to the tiles, and then use abrasive blasting to quickly carve the patterns into the stone. That's the way they do the carving on granite tombstones. You can re-use the rubber stencils quite a few times, since they resist the abrasive pretty well. And it doesn't take nearly as expensive a machine and tooling to do it.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need to hire CNC/mahcine time service

very interesting! had no idea about this option - will search around on it, thanks for the pointer.